Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:36:28 AM

Author Topic: How to save the x,y,z axis tool position with Mach3 Mill?  (Read 4676 times)

How to save the x,y,z axis tool position with Mach3 Mill?
« on: July 01, 2013, 11:27:36 AM »
I may have a very silly question.   :'(  How to save the tool position with Mach3Mill? The x,y,z axis positions can be displayed and also the toolpath can be displayed, but I don't know how to save X,Y,Z axis positions together with time axis information in a data or text file after running the G code program, so the data/text file can be read later by other programs such as Matlab or excel. Many thanks.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: How to save the x,y,z axis tool position with Mach3 Mill?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 03:37:49 PM »
In general you can't, Mach3 is a gcode machine controller not a universal motion controller/data aquisition device. The data you are asking for is IN the gcode file.

(;-) TP

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 06:16:32 AM »
Thank you so much for your kind help! May I know which Gcode file having these axis position information? Do I need to set any configuration to let Mach3 save these data? May this file be read by other program such as excel or notepad? Thank you again.

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 07:39:27 PM »
The gcode file is the one you have open at the time.

Since you mention "time axins" are you wanting to capture where the tool was/is located as determined by a specific line of code?

Not sure I understand your question. Sorry.

You also mention "tool position". Are you asking about the tool table and where specific tool heights are recorded?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:44:35 PM by Vogavt »
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 03:56:55 PM »
maybe the OP is looking for offsets and runtime?