Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:01:48 AM

Author Topic: New TLO setter  (Read 11988 times)

New TLO setter
« on: June 30, 2013, 10:46:20 AM »
]We have spent the past eight months since the introduction of the original TLOsetter doing a lot of design, development, and testing of an improved model of a Tool Length Offset measuring device.  Coupling this with feedback from our current users, we are now able to offer a new product for your use to accurately and quickly measure and automatically record this data.

The original TLOsetter is still a great tool, highly accurate and a very economical way to set and record TLO’s but it is best used with center-cutting and pointed tools. The addition of the TLOsetter II increases functionality due to an increased diameter contact area so it can be used with virtually any tool, such as non-center-cutting endmills, flycutters or facemills, of any diameter. The TLOsetter II is also more convenient to use since it doesn’t need to be bolted to the table, it can simply be placed anywhere convenient, and is easily moved when measuring a tool that doesn’t have its lowest point at the center, such as an inserted facemill.  Furthermore, this new instrument is compatible with the touch-off routine that Automatic Tool Changers use.  Remember this device not only automatically measures the tool length but also automatically enters the data in the Mach3* Tool Table for automated use in all your G code programs.  *This device is made exclusively for use on systems using Mach3 controller software.

We are offering the TLOsetter II at an introductory price of $215.00 USD, continental USA shipping included.

Photographs and detailed information are available on our website at www.CNCneeds.com.]
Re: New TLO setter
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 11:33:21 PM »
Or use the Wildhorse Innovations combination probe and tool height setter is available at about 1/2 the price.  http://www.wildhorse-innovations.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=80.

Use code CB10 at check-out and receive an additional $10.00 discount on an Econo-Probe.

Don't want to bother with switching between probe and tool height setter?  Send an email to info@wiildhorse-innovations.com for information on how to get TWO probes for $215.00, one probe setup for probing and the second setup as a tool height setter.  Mention you saw this posting and get free shipping on this combo order.

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 05:58:45 AM »
Kind of snarky jumping on this guys product announcement to promote your product.

Dosen't make me want to run out and buy your product.

Derek
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »
Does the Wildhorse probe automatically enter Tool Length Offset measurements in the tool table?  This saves a lot of time and more importantly avoids fat-finger entry errors.  If it does it’s a great deal (assuming it’s reasonably accurate), if it doesn’t, not so much!

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
New TLO setter
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »
Does the Wildhorse probe automatically enter Tool Length Offset measurements in the tool table?  This saves a lot of time and more importantly avoids fat-finger entry errors.  If it does it’s a great deal (assuming it’s reasonably accurate), if it doesn’t, not so much!
I believe the macro is what is responsible for the actions taken upon a touch of the tool setter or probe. You would have to install the macro prior to use.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 09:51:52 AM »
Does Wildhorse furnish the macro?

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
New TLO setter
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 03:42:31 PM »
Most likely not but Mach probably has some anyway. I know MSM has some pretty extensive probing routines.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)