Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:29:41 AM

Author Topic: jog lockup  (Read 7244 times)

Re: jog lockup
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 05:31:46 PM »
As reported before the xilifeng usb stepper board does the same thing. This is pretty deadly too, great way to break stuff! I am glad my E-stop button actually kills the dc supply to the drives.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 04:34:27 PM »
So if we have determined that the bug occurs on the xilifeng, csmio, smooth steppers, and the galil controllers I think its safe to say that it is a Mach3 issue. Is this on the radar to be patched in the next release or is there someone that we should email to make sure that it gets the attention that it needs?

It's a very dangerous problem that could get any one with a motion controller board in conjunction with mach3 hurt. When I was first learning to use my machine I had an aluminum plate turn into a flying buzz saw that took out a nice piece of wood from a nearby chair and some of my wall as well because I accidentally plunged a 45 degree face mill into it. It was my mistake that time, not mach3's, but with a bug like this it could happen to anyone.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 05:34:26 PM »
Brett is aware of it and thus Brian will be aware of it. Whether anything is getting done I have no idea, Brett will have to let you know about that.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 10:40:21 PM »
I'm not familiar with them--I guess they are the s/ware team for Mach?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 03:02:08 AM »
Brett is support, Brian is the programmer/owner of Artsoft.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 08:52:51 AM »
Bit of an update here regarding the CSMIO/IP-A
Whilst testing the afore mentioned bug (step mode using shift key for rapid mode) I found a bug with the CSMIO.
To get a slow jog in the CSMIO you alter the feed override pot. When I did that and jogged and then released the jog key the axis would often reverse, see the video here.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK3JxRhy4ao
 I contacted CS-Lab on Tuesday and they asked me if I could take a video showing the issue, I did so and the next morning I got an email saying they had found the issue and would post an update soon. I just got the update and its sorted. The original problem I was testing for, the one you guys are seeing, is still there and they are aware of it but it does look like it is a Mach issue. Brian and Brett are supposed to be looking for it soon, so fingers crossed.

Hood