Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:58:56 PM

Author Topic: jog lockup  (Read 7246 times)

jog lockup
« on: June 26, 2013, 10:04:57 PM »
I am running  Mach3 ver R3.042.040.  Sometimes when running a fast jog (shift arrow keys) the fast travel doesn't stop when I release the keys.  A couple of times this has been very scary.  The keyboard is fine, and it has happened on all 3 axis.  I am running servos with a Galil board.  Any ideas?
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: jog lockup
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 06:48:59 AM »
Really need to post on the Galil part of the forum as it will be, if indeed it is, a Galil Plugin bug.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:06 PM »
ok
Thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 02:45:46 AM »
Hi, I'm afraid that this particular bug isn't specific to galil. I just came here to create a topic in search of help for this very problem with my smoothstepper system and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing the issue. The knowledge that it effects two different motion control boards may help us get to the root of the problem. Perhaps we can share a thread? I have tried both the latest lock down release of Mach as well as version 3.043.62 and they exhibit the same problem. I have found that the runaway jogging of an axis is 100% repeatable. It will occur any time that you release the shift key before releasing the arrow key during a rapid movement. Nelsonk11, can you confirm that you are able to reproduce the glitch this way as well?

I contacted smoothstepper support and they thought that it was most likely a mach issue. Their theory was that for whatever reason mach wasn't sending the "end jog event" to the plugin if I understood them correctly? Any thoughts?

My system, if it helps:
windows 7 64 bit
Ethernet smoothstepper
Mach3 (latest)
MachStdMill 2.0.6 plug in/screenset

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 04:02:37 AM »
Hi Guys,

This thread also relates to the same problem http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,24665.0.htm
To my knowledge, the cause has not yet been proven as to being an SS or Mach3 issue.  :-\

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 09:35:55 PM »
I haven't tried the release of the shift key before the axis arrow, so I can't say.  I will do that Monday.  Interestingly, I ran multiple parts today and it didn't happen once.  It well could be I released the axis before the shift today. This machine has no external controllers, uses a Galil board and no pendant.  I think the Galil board is a quality board from what I know of electronics and not a junker from China.  It may be a Mach3 bug perhaps.  Yes we can merge threads, although I don't know how to do that.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 12:20:01 AM »
You're right!!  If I release the shift key the wrong way it always hangs up.  This is a software issue with Mach3.  How does this bug get passed on the Artsoft?
Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 01:40:09 AM »
This is a software issue with Mach3.  How does this bug get passed on the Artsoft?

Don't be too hasty, I have no doubt it relates to the JogOff(); command but it is yet to be proven if it is Mach3 that is not sending the command or the SS that is not recognising the command under these particular circumstances.

One day it will be resolved but in the meantime at least we know not to release the keys in that particular order.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 10:56:03 AM »
I'm using servo motors with a Galil board--totally different hardware.  The only thing common to both is the s/w.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 05:01:51 PM »
It certainly does seem like Mach is not sending the stop jog signal. I tried it today with the CSMIO controller and get the same thing.
Hood