Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:40:43 AM

Author Topic: mach3 turn semi new install....need help  (Read 3710 times)

mach3 turn semi new install....need help
« on: June 25, 2013, 04:27:38 PM »
had an old mach3 with uss used on an old mill no longer being used ( moved up to haas mini ).  took all and hardware and installed on new cnc lathe project.  the mach3 profile for the mill still works and motors turn like soppose to.  however when i try to incorporate all the setting for a mach 3 turn ( lathe )profile i cant get motor to turn at all. 

i tried copying all the setting from the mill profile to the lathe profile.  seems i am missing something.  if i could just get motoer to turn in the lathe profile i can get the rest.

any ideas ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: mach3 turn semi new install....need help
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 05:54:21 PM »
Open your Mill profile, go to View menu then Load Screen. Choose Turn File(.lset) from the file type drop down list. Choose the 1024.lset then click open. After it has loaded close Mach then restart and your mill profile will now be a turn profile.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »
BTW the profile will still have the name that it was called previously, so if its the standard Mach3Mill profile you may wish to rename it :)
Hood
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »
sweet that worked awsome.   just wish i knew what differences there are...like if u didnt have the same computer system still.  i would still be trying to figure out.

thank you sir