Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:55:28 PM

Author Topic: Cycle timer  (Read 3760 times)

Cycle timer
« on: June 15, 2013, 11:50:11 AM »
On the program-run screen under the tool information area there is a timer that shows elapsed time. This timer resets to zero each time a tool is changed and cycle start is pressed. I would like the timer to keep running until the end of the program to record an elapsed cycle time for the entire program.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Cycle timer
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:58:15 PM »
Not possible

(;-) TP

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 04:34:38 AM »

On the program-run screen under the tool information area there is a timer that shows elapsed time. This timer resets to zero each time a tool is changed and cycle start is pressed. I would like the timer to keep running until the end of the program to record an elapsed cycle time for the entire program.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

???

Not what happens here - the timer doesn't get reset at tool change and does indicate the whole program run time.

Ian
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 02:11:01 AM »
I'm confused...mine definitely resets after a tool change and cycle start is pressed.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 02:59:56 AM »
Doesnt reset for me either, if you attach your xml I will test with it, also attach some code that it happens with in case there is something in the code that is triggering it and if you could zip your m6start and m6end macros and attach as well.
Few questions as well,
 What version of Mach are you using?
 Do you have any Brains or Macropump running?
 Are you using any plugins?

Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 03:17:13 AM »
It is Version related, they were playing with the code to make it as Others wanted it to be. It changed several times through developement.

(;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 07:46:37 AM »
I'd like to have a second timer as well. The average time from program start to program start. That way you'd get an idea of the total time per part, including you sips of coffee, reloading, browsing forums while the machine sits etc.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 07:54:07 AM »
I'd like to have a second timer as well. The average time from program start to program start. That way you'd get an idea of the total time per part, including you sips of coffee, reloading, browsing forums while the machine sits etc.

Nice one Gary - A "Wasted" timer - I bet the boss would love to see on of those  ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE