Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 03:24:47 PM

Author Topic: water cooled head for motorised pushbike  (Read 4254 times)

water cooled head for motorised pushbike
« on: June 15, 2013, 08:07:54 AM »
im baaaack!

i been making a mess again  :-\

what did i do?

well, i got to playing with making heads on the lil x2 baby!

first, turning a hemisphere. this pic isnt actually the head this threads about! and neither is the hemi turner! thats later...

neither is the second. but a good demonstration of software. i have deskproto and meshcam. to cut a profile like this, meshcam wins, hands down. despite some of the odd moves. theres not enough fins, i should have used a 6mm cutter and stuck with my original parallel fin plan. i got lots of performance just before getting lots of auto detonation :)

third is the head, undergoing water passage creation. i felt like a rainbow serpent or summink :) once again, meshcam. bit of chopping with the code and i got it done in 10 mins :) i need coolant on this beasty still...

fourth, all fitted up with a plug after a good run. performance? awesome :)

no more pics? hmmmph.

thats about it. i tried making a pump with neo magnets to drive off the magneto. failure. nice machining. i took no pics anyways :)

oh well.... now onto the topic i came here about...

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: water cooled head for motorised pushbike
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 10:05:12 AM »
A b6e is way too hot of a plug for high compression you should be at B8e-B9e range.

(;-) TP
Re: water cooled head for motorised pushbike
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »
its the only plug i had lying around! the rest are all H threads. seems to be running fine, if maybe too COLD. ceramics dark and if i go any leaner it wont start.