Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:46:19 AM

Author Topic: machine skipping blocks and incomplete moves  (Read 4833 times)

machine skipping blocks and incomplete moves
« on: June 14, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »
OK, so I am up and running but about 20% of the time I have either a block of command that does not take place or in the middle or start of a rapid that move abruptly stops and everything continues from the wrong position ( because that rapid didn't reach where it was supposed to go).

Now all these things happen around rapids, the one that occurs to get the system from a convenient workpiece changing position to the cutting area.  Usually it is a 3" long rapid. Basically the M3 and M8 happen, but the Z to depth is usually what doesn't happen. In some cases the Z moves all right, but then the G1 X2 doesn't occur. When this happens the machine does not move for the amount of time it would have taken for that move to occur and then the program goes on to the next block.

Then I have this other problem where the rapid right after cycle start just suddenly stops abruptly in the middle and the DRO also stops ( I have an open loop between mach and servo driver). Mach DRO's show I only moved .050",  I hit cycle stop, then rewind, and then cycle stop and all is back to normal.

Some people say maybe my computer hardware is gone bad. Maybe I don't have the right computer system running things, maybe I didn't mount the MoBo right?   am clueless.

I installed a Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ Gateway desktop in my machine.  1 Gig ram and I don't know how much hard drive. not an SSD drive either. Windows 7 is my OS. I am running off of an ESS on Mach 3's .066 release. Can't seem to find .062 release.  

I just cut the plate out of the old tower and mounted the MoBo

I got 4 cooling fans in there.  

All your help is highly appreciated.  thanks

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:34:46 PM by Mountainman »
Re: machine skipping blocks and incomplete moves
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 06:28:38 AM »
Try getting 062 from the downloads page and try that .
Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:25:48 AM »
previous mach versions available here ftp://machsupport.com/Mach/

Cheers

Ian
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 08:24:39 AM »
Thats where you think my problem lies?  Using R.066 of mach instead of .062?  Thanks for the reply.  I almost thought nobody cared. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:26:27 AM by Mountainman »
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 09:30:09 AM »
I am not sure but I have had a few weird problems with 066 and I believe several others have mentioned it as well. While it may work fine for most people if you are having a problem it is something to try.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 06:25:32 PM »
OK, how do I downgrade without losing my motor tuning steps per inch, input settings, and everything else? 
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 07:03:06 AM »
If you made a profilethat is not one of the stock ones, say mountainman mill, whenyou reinstall Mach3 062 it should keep all the settings but I am not 100% sure. Worst case back up everything so if it messes up you have it ready to put back in. Hopefully somebody else will chime in.

Mike

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 09:27:15 AM »
OK, how do I downgrade without losing my motor tuning steps per inch, input settings, and everything else? 

I actually take screenshots of every setting in Mach 3 for those "just in case" moments. It takes some time, but nice to have when you need it.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 09:55:44 AM »

[/quote]

I actually take screenshots of every setting in Mach 3 for those "just in case" moments. It takes some time, but nice to have when you need it.

Dave
[/quote]

Neat Dave,
John Champlain (slapping side of head)
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 11:08:48 AM »
OK, so anybody see anything wrong with teh hardware I have or how it is mounted?