Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:20:02 PM

Author Topic: FEEDRATE 10% INCREASE/DECREASE CHANGE VALUE  (Read 2094 times)

FEEDRATE 10% INCREASE/DECREASE CHANGE VALUE
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:34:27 PM »
Does somebody know a SIMPLE WAY to change the 10% feedrate step to a lower value (e.g. 3%) in MACH3.
I use MACH3 plasma setup, and in MDI screen, F10 and F11 may be used to increase or decrease feedrate by 10% step.  But this step is too big, as we use oxy-propane torch, and feedret must be adjusted very precisely in 2% to 3% increment only.
I suppose this paremeter may be modified somewhere in a configuration file, but i don't find anything about it.
Any help welcome. :o

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: FEEDRATE 10% INCREASE/DECREASE CHANGE VALUE
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »
Push your tab key if your running the default screen set and a mpg page will pop out.  Enter your slow jog percentage there and push the tab key again and the MPG page will hide again.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: FEEDRATE 10% INCREASE/DECREASE CHANGE VALUE
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »
If I understand what you are wanting then I used to do similar with external buttons before I started using a pot via analogue inputs to Mach.
If you dont want to use external buttons then you could either open the screenset in one of the screen designers and add two VB buttons to your screenset or change the Up and Down buttons to be VB buttons.
 You would then put some VB in those buttons, maybe something like this for Down button

FRO = GetOemDRO(821)
Decrease = GetOemDRO(821) - 2

SetoemDRO(821,Decrease)

and for Up

FRO = GetOemDRO(821)
Increase = GetOemDRO(821) + 2

If FRO= 0 Then
SetFRO=1
Else
SetoemDRO(821,Increase)
End If

If you need further help in doing this just shout.

Hood