Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:53:04 PM

Author Topic: engrave picture????  (Read 6336 times)

engrave picture????
« on: February 18, 2007, 12:44:52 AM »
I'm trying to engrave a photo on a flat plane, no 3D. Can I use lazycam or do I need different software? Sorry very new to this.
Re: engrave picture????
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 06:11:18 PM »
Lcam can only do the picture in 3D :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 08:37:07 AM »
I would like to find some examples of half tones, or photo's done with Lazycam.  I've seen a few of these done by the Carvewright CNC so I'm confident it's possible. I wonder what the limits are?

Joe
www.normansignco.com

Offline ardor

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »
There is no approved dental use for WD40
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 06:41:33 PM »
Thanks Brian for the quick reply.

Yep, that's what I want to do. I'd like to be able to assign depths to different grey tones. At this time I'm wanting to see if there are examples, finished routed 3D pieces, for viewing.

I'm fairly skilled with Photoshop and could desaturate images and alter their shades. Don't know if I'm on the right trail.

J.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 01:21:30 PM »
Joe,
Nice to see you are working this weekend :) ... Gary Told me you were up and running with the New router! 

I don't know where there are anypics of a pic that has been done as I don't keep that stuff :( I do know that it works because I have tested it but other then that you may have to take a chuck of junk wood and run a small file for testing.. If there is anything that I can help you with please feel free to post all you like.
Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 08:26:47 PM »
Hi all, just getting my cnc mill up and going. Joe, what router motor are you using, and what bits. I'm getting ready to order my tools and want to get something that will get me started.
Thanks for any assistance!!
olf20
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 08:50:04 AM »
 ???Since Lcam documentation is rather sparse at the present time is there anyone willing to help one do a 3D photo with Lcam?
Thanks,
cem
 :)