Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:13:13 PM

Author Topic: Spindle  (Read 3104 times)

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
Spindle
« on: June 11, 2013, 02:28:47 PM »
Hi All,
Can someone help with spindle problem. I can command a speed, but the M5 doesn't stop it, it stops only if I click on reset. Any thoughts?
Mike
Re: Spindle
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 04:57:03 PM »
do you have the steps per / velocity / acceleration set correctly.

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 05:27:13 PM »
Well I don't know what you mean. I forgot to say that I'm using Mach3. I do have everything set as it was before I went for an ESS retrofit. The spindle control board is C41. Everything works, except I can't stop the spindle by the M05 command.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 06:14:28 AM »
Mike,

I recently had a similar problem which turned out to be a corrupt .xml, (probably caused by me, making many changes to the various settings in an attempt to cure another problem).
I created a new profile then re-configured Mach3 (creating a fresh .xml) then everything was fine again.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 07:09:43 AM »
Thanks Tweakie,
I'll try that out this morning, will get back to you.
Mike

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:39:45 AM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Mike.  :)

Incidentally, I had M03 and M05 fail yet M04 still worked OK. As nothing like this has ever happened to me when using the parallel port I concluded that as the SS updates the .xml configuration it was caused by a communication error (or something similar) and just put it down to experience.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 03:06:53 PM »
Hi Guys,
Happy to report that spindle is working now the way it should. At least for now. I talked to Arturo on the phone this morning ( He is a nice Guy too), came to the conclusion that noise may be preventing the spindle from stopping. I used shielded wires for the limits, and also shielded the spindle cable (what the Chinese people didn't do) to the star ground. Well in my wisdom, I disconnected the spindle shielding from the system. And this seamed to solve the problem. Go figure. Now comes the next step in this retrofit saga, implementing the MPG. But that's tomorrow's problem.
Thank you All for helping.
Mike