Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:30:28 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 issues. Please Help!  (Read 3896 times)

Mach 3 issues. Please Help!
« on: June 07, 2013, 02:56:04 PM »
Hi all,
My name is Jeremy.  I built a gantry style router/plasma machine with T slot aluminum over the last couple of years.  I finally got it finished, then decided I wanted a laser.  I got an 80 watt Reci laser from lightobject.com.  I have it mounted on the side with mirrors and the cutting head.  I had to remove my Z axis assembly for that.

I am having an issue with Mach 3, and wanted to see if I could get some help.  I was experimenting with loading a G-code file and running it to tweak motor speeds, etc.  I drew up a basic flame outline with netscape, opened the DXF file in CamBam, and generated G-code.  So at first, when I loaded the g-code to mach3, it would show my part in the tool path window, I could run the program, and my machine would move appropriately.  At some point as I was going back and forth between another computer with CamBam and my machine computer with my g-code fle, mach 3 geeked out on me.  When I load the g-code, it does not show anything in the toolpath window, and if I hit run, it starts moving in a wierd swirl pattern.

I have tried going back to CamBam and regenerating the g-code, I tried rebooting the machine computer.  I copied the mill profile and started another profile in case I screwed up a setting, I even uninstalled mach 3 completely and re-installed it.  Each time I get the same results.  It does not show the part in the tool path window like it originally did, and just moves in a random swirl pattern. 

Also, when it was running right, I noticed that my motors did not move as smoothly as they did when I just jog with mach 3.  Actually they were quite jerky.  I have Kelling KL4030 motor drivers, C10 breakout board, and 425 oz in steppers from automationtechnologiesinc.com.  I currently have the drivers set at 1/4 stepping.  I wasn't quite sure which setting to go with.

I would greatly appreciate any help.  I am trying to get a small business of the ground, and just paid for mach 3 and CamBam in the past couple of days.

I'll see if I can post a couple pictures of my machine.

Ok.  Not sure how to post a pic.
Jeremy

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 issues. Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 04:17:09 PM »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 04:53:26 PM »
pics

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 01:56:30 AM »
I have tried going back to CamBam and regenerating the g-code, I tried rebooting the machine computer.  I copied the mill profile and started another profile in case I screwed up a setting, I even uninstalled mach 3 completely and re-installed it.  Each time I get the same results.  It does not show the part in the tool path window like it originally did, and just moves in a random swirl pattern. 

Try;  Mach3 / Config / General Config - Change the current state of the IJ Mode (Abs/Inc) then regen. Toolpath and see if it now shows in the display and runs correctly.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 04:05:31 AM »
I ended up getting help from Scott at machsupport.  That is what he told me to do.  He also helped me get the laser switching hooked up to my breakout board and configured in mach 3.  Excellent support. 

Thanks for the help Tweakie.

jb