Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:16:35 PM

Author Topic: struggeling to run a gcode from cambam  (Read 4090 times)

Offline Tom

•  15 15
    • View Profile
struggeling to run a gcode from cambam
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:56:11 PM »
I'm very new to this and still learning, and I am hoping someone can identify what is causing my gcode not to run correctly in mach3.

I made the tool paths in cambam and I must be missing something, I just don't know what...

I attached the gcode in case anyone could take a look at it. I have a feeling it is something simple that I just don't know about...

Thanks!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: struggeling to run a gcode from cambam
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 06:51:01 AM »
Hi Tom,

Could you please describe the exact problem you are having when running the GCode.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tom

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 08:02:34 AM »
sure, the cnc starts to move and then at the second line of gcode it stops. Then the mach 3 xyz numbers on the screen are still going, but the gcode is no longer scrolling down and the machine is kind of making a sound like the motors want to go but they aren't.

I ran some other files and everything cuts perfectly, so it has to be something wrong with this file or maybe this file is having a conflict with how I configured (or dint configure) mach3 I'm guessing?

Thank you so much for your help!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:30:30 AM »
and the machine is kind of making a sound like the motors want to go but they aren't.

The second line of gode (GO Z0.5 )  is a rapid move at max velocity so think your skipping.
Lower your velocity  and  acceleration to half your curent value and see how it goes.

If it stops when you are requesting a tool change, change you configuration by checking ignore tool change
in general config.

RICH

Offline Tom

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 08:36:55 AM »
Rich,

Could you tell me where i change the velocity? is this in my CAM which is cambam, or in Mach 3? In cambam I can set velocity to constant velocity or exact stop. I don't see the setting for acceleration, though I remember coming across it before i think...

Thanks!!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 08:55:45 AM »
Hi Tom,
..... till Rich gets back to ya, under Config - Motor Tuning.
Russ

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 09:06:03 AM »
Thanks Russ.

Tom,

You set the machining feedrate in Cambam.

Not sure if you actualy tuned your motors. You need to find out where thay start skipping and then lower
the velocity from  the skipping point to say 30% of where they skip. That will give you some headroom
and you can refine from experience or testing.

RICH

Offline Tom

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 08:37:29 AM »
Thanks for all the great suggestions! I tried them all and I finally got it working. I knew it was something silly and it was. I had been messing with the pulse pump button on the gecko drive and turned it on. As a last resort to get this working I turned it off and restarted Mach 3, suddenly the gcode cuts fine.

Not sure why or if I'm even correctly assessing this fix, but I'm just happy it works. Thanks for the great help, I learned a lot in the process. :)