Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:05:29 AM

Author Topic: noob wants a 3040, what is the best  (Read 7346 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: noob wants a 3040, what is the best
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 07:13:18 AM »
Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the 3040 and after all that hassle, I trust you now have it up and running correctly.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline nobby

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 08:07:12 AM »
Hello, I think I have had a result, as yesterday on ebay was a machine for sale £1000, paid £900 = $600

was a cnc controlled gasket printing affair - mobile phones
anyways, I called and asket what sized bed was in it and the guy says 3 foot square - ideal for me, and with not knowing at all what I was doing, I jumped in the car and went and bought it -11am set off, arrived at 2pm, stripped the machine out and was home for 1 am
this morning I just had a looksy to ascertain what I have and lo and behold....

its an ISEL desktop!!! sweet - ithink, I still need to get a motor mount, that was troubling me on my return journey, but now I think I can simply just buy an ISEl one!!

It came with 2 controller boxes and two hand held whatsnames, the contorl system is amc

so that will run from MACH3?,

it has bosch limiting magnet? things and sanyo stepper motors, can I fit a usb or LAN bob card into the box?

anyways I have to go back for the enclosure and the other bits tomorrow, so I can sell it all on and recoup some money, not after much for it....
anyone in london england uk able to help in exchange for goodies? I don't need any of the chassis as I am running it desktop.
plus there is a spare controller box and handheld, plus 4 ISEL sliders 'box ones' and 2 air rams, and 2 pumps, and an injection machine, plus a big wireing box and stuff I don't need
oh plus of course enough aluminium extrusions to make a fair few tables.

all I want to do I think is plunge 19mm into softish foam rigid pvc board, and cut out letters, can I import corel draw files into MACH3
can I have mach3 sitting in my corel tool bar, and simply launch the tool paths wysiwyg?

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:20:19 AM by nobby »

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »
I would hold off on selling ANYTHING until your up and running and know for certain that you will not need any of it. Enclosures can cost you a fair bit for good ones, and enclosures are usually something that is needed. You might be able to use some of the other bits as jigs for letters, or whatever. You just never know. No way I would be in a hurry to sell stuff that I might need.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline nobby

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 07:37:13 AM »
Hello all
-ok, what I think I have is a Isel Techno - FB2
when purchased one of the motors wasn't connected, i think that was the problem.
now, these machines - I wonder if you can help...
1. I think I need 78mm nema 23 motors? - WITH the hand wheels? = still unsure on spec.
what shall I buy? there are the original old round motors  - should I replace all 3?

2. what controllers should I buy considering the motors?
3. I really want usb, so what bob
power supply

I think I shall fit all the electronics in the amc case and have all the wires to the motors on the one plug?

can I still use that front panel for jogging?

DO these isel techno's have axis limits built into the gantry and x axis, as there appears to be two connectors thatconnect at the motor mount?
I have not checked the machine yet, but it would seem so
when bought, there were external limiting stuff on it, should I revert to the oringinal style