Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:01:00 AM

Author Topic: Does Mach3 remember the Z location if I shut the program down for the day?  (Read 2629 times)

I have divided a project up into 2 programs...roughing and finish.  Once the roughing was done, the machine jogged back to the center point of project and stopped the z axis at .25 above the 0,0,0 location.  Will Mach3 remember where to start the "finish" program from? (center of project is where Ref All Home was set at 0,0,0)...In other words, in a couple of days, can I just reboot Mach3 and turn controller on and then load the "finish" g-dcode program in and hit "start"...or do I have to reset the 0,0,0 point?
Thanks for the help!!  need advice asap

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
You can set Mach to remember the offsets. It will. BUT your machine will likely not be exactly there when you start  again. Reason is if steppers when you power the drive down the motor will move to the nearest full step. Servos when powered down can be moved easily so again can be out of position.

Only way to really do things is either have accurate home switches and always reference the machine when you start (and any time drives are disabled) or have some point of reference that you can touch off and set the DROs accordingly.
Hood
Thanks Hood...greatly appreciate the help.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
No problem :)
Hood