Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:18:56 PM

Author Topic: And on line 32427 it all went haywire  (Read 5040 times)

And on line 32427 it all went haywire
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:54:09 PM »
Good afternoon,

So, cutting a simple little sign for practice with my new cnc. About half way thru things went weird. This happened the first time right about the 5 minute mark when my computer is set to sleep. So I thought that must be the problem. Set it up again and was cruising along perfectly about 80 percent finished (oh and yes it got past the part where it messed up the first time) and then all of a sudden it begins again. It just began going down random paths that made no sense at all. This time there was no interruption or anything.

Any ideas? Good news is that as I am practicing and getting a sense of how all this works, I am using some cheap plywood. However, at some point I would like to be confident I am not going to ruin a good piece of wood.

Anyway, if one of you kind folks could extends your courtesy one more time and point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful.

Jeff
Re: And on line 32427 it all went haywire
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 08:10:46 PM »
what programs do you have on the pc
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 08:53:18 PM »
Licensed Versions of V-Carve and Mach3.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »
I should also add that I use an ESS Smooth Stepper.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 02:57:18 AM »
Can you attach your xml, your code and tell us a bit about your machine style and what type of motors etc are on it.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 09:25:06 AM »
.xml attached (I think) The machine is a 6040 4 axis CNC, and below is what I know about the machine. I appreciate you extending your courtesy and viewing my file.

X,Y,Z Working Area: 580×400×75mm

Max. Feeding height: ≤100mm

Outside dimension: 880×670×530mm

Table size: 745×480mm

Lathe structure: 6061/6063 Aluminium alloy

Stepping motor: two-phase 57/3A

Drive unit: 1605 ball Screw

Sliding unit: Chromeplate shaft

Maximum speed: 0-4000mm/min

Engraving speed: 300-3500mm/min

Repeat positioning Accuracy: 0.05mm

Spindle motor: 800W VFD spindle motor

Spindle speed: 24000RPM/MIN

Cutting tool-holder: ER11/3.175mm

Interface: Parallel port

Software Compatability: Mach3/Emc2,(Type3,Wentai, ArtCAM)

Command code: G code/.nc/.ncc/.tab/.txt

Machine weight: 54kg

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 01:48:12 PM »
Ok I am wondering if you are just on the edge with your tuning and one or more axis is stalling at these points. If an axis stalls when in a two axis move it can look like the machine just wanders off on its own when in fact it is still doing what it is commanded to do on one axis and the other isnt moving as it has stalled.
 I would suggest you reduce the Acceleration for your axis by half and see if that helps, if it does then you can edge it back up testing each time.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »
Wow, ok great. Thanks for the quick response I will do as you suggest and report back. Man, you guys on this forum are great.

Jeff
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »
Ok, adjusted the acceleration as directed and it worked. Wow, one day maybe I will understand this, for now, just grateful for the forum.

Funny thing happened though after I changed my acceleration settings. I closed Mach 3 and reopened, and when I did, the Mach screen took up my entire monitor visibility area. Before, mach would run kind of on the left upper corner and covered 2/3 of my viewing area. This way, when I pressed tab to see my jogging controls, they didn't cover up any of the mach screen. It's almost like when you change resolution from windows, or your monitor how things get bigger and smaller if that makes sense. However, I checked both the monitor settings in windows, and the monitor itself, and both are as they have always been.

And finally not to be a pest, ya know when you first open mach there is that little square window that pops up with some graphics on it  and tells you the version ? Mine is different EVERYTIME I return and reopen mach 3. I mine it switches between 2 or 3 different variations, but clearly different, and I use the same profile everytime...I call it 6040CNC.

Those two things have had nothing to do with performance, and as I am a stickler for performance and consistency, I thought they would be worth mentioning just in case I am missing something.

Thanks again for the acceleration tip. I see your name on lots of forum answers on various topics. You sure know your stuff.

Regards,

Jeff

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 08:28:21 AM »
If you go to config menu then General Config the about the middle of that page at the bottom you will see Auto Screen Enlarge. If you choose that option then restart Mach the screen will be stretched or reduced to fit your screen. If you have a wide screen then it may looked stretched as the default screenset is 1024 x 768.

Regarding the splash screens, that is normal, there are 3 of them as you noticed and they just get used in a random fashion when opening Mach. you can even make your own if you wish ;)

Hood