Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:20:37 AM

Author Topic: KEY BOARD UP AND DOWN LEFT RIGHT ARROWS  (Read 2486 times)

KEY BOARD UP AND DOWN LEFT RIGHT ARROWS
« on: May 26, 2013, 04:58:28 AM »
When I move the left and right arrows on the key board to check my
motor tuning they go in reverse of the way my machine is set up ??
Also these move the X and Y axis.
How do you check the Z access with the key board or what ever.??

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: KEY BOARD UP AND DOWN LEFT RIGHT ARROWS
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 06:06:10 AM »
Z axis is set up standard as PgUp and PgDn keys, you can change the jog keys to anything you wish from Config menu then System HotKeys. HOWEVER aware that changing from standard may throw up issues if the keys you choose are used by other functions, so best normally to leave as they are.

Now regarding X and Y possibly moving the wrong way, they may or may not be. What you need to think about is the movement of the tool in relation to the work, if the tool is moving left to right that is the tool moving in a positive direction so it would be the right arrow key. On a gantry style machine that will mean the axis is moving in the same direction however on something like a knee mill with a moving table then that would mean the table moves right to left.

So as you can see it depends on the type of machine but if they are indeed the wrong way on your particular machine you can change them to the correct keys from the previously mentioned system hotkeys. For example click on X++ and a box will appear and you press the right arrow key, do the same for the rest and you will be set up correctly.
Hood
Hood
Re: KEY BOARD UP AND DOWN LEFT RIGHT ARROWS
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 09:11:10 AM »
WOW
Got U
This machine, the table stays put.
The motor moves on the X from one side to the other across the table on
the upright side columns.
The two columns with the motor  move over the table on the Y axis
Have a great day
Thank you.