Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:11:29 PM

Author Topic: I could really use some help with motor tuning...I think  (Read 9283 times)

I could really use some help with motor tuning...I think
« on: May 25, 2013, 01:16:18 PM »
I recently received a Chinese CNC http://salecnc.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=59&osCsid=gosj62io17t8qoku4tp0ti1704 the XJ 1325.

I have switched over to Mach3 because of the endless issues I was having with their software and controller. I switched using a CENTIPEDE controller etc http://ksilabs.com/ and Sergey has gone above and beyond helping me switch over the boards, even helping me reprogram my VFD to work properly and I am 90% of the way there.

The problem I am having is I'm definitely losing steps so I need to tune but the Chinese salesman knows almost nothing about the technical aspects of the components. He was able to give me the steps, at least he says they are the right ones, but beyond that they are no help. And when I ask about Step Pulse and Dir pulse they have no clue what I'm even asking.

So far what I know is I have:

X & Y steppers are 96.01536 (they called them pulses)
I have two motors on the Y
Both X&Y motors are 86BYGH450B-060-15J and are 1.8 deg pitch
The Z step is 160, 1.8 deg pitch same motor part number but ends at the B. Nothing I can find shows this part number with nothing after it but the motor shows it is 4.3A 0.55Ohms  6.0mH

Sergey at KSILabs modified my XML and it is working a little better than what I had but on the last thing I tried cutting the Z cuts kept getting progressively deeper and suddenly plunged down about halfway through the board.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I've had this ,machine for 3 weeks now and haven't been able to successfully use it yet.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: I could really use some help with motor tuning...I think
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 08:04:50 PM »
Can you attach the xml you are actually using so I know I am looking at the correct config :)
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 08:37:02 PM »
Hood, did it not attach?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 03:47:42 AM »
I was under the impression that was the one direct from Sergey that you attached. I really need to see the one you are using as it may have slight differences in it which would mean I am looking at something that may or may not be on your system.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »
He took mine and helped me modify it so I am using it. He fixed some things I had done and it is working better than my original configuration but it wasn't his file.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »
I'll paste what Sergey said after looking at my config file:

"Your axes settings -- those look totally bogus to me. First of all
motors turn very slow at their max speed. Something's fishy here -- either
steps per inch are wrong or maximum speed is way too low.

Acceleration, on the other hand, is simply astronomical :) No wonder you
motors are loosing steps. And it was kinda like infinite on Z axis so it was
supposed to go zero to sixty in zero seconds...

I put some rather conservative values there and made X axis a bit faster (Y
and Z are left where they were) so you could be able to test and compare
them.

For acceleration your first shot should be at axis accelerating from 0 to
full speed in something like half second. You can clearly see this time in
Motor Tuning dialog when you drag that horizontal "Acceleration" slider.
Then, if it worked, you can start gradually increase acceleration until your
machine started loosing steps. At this point you back off a bit and you have
your system set for maximum performance. The same is also true for speed."

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 05:01:59 PM »
Ok but the xml you attached has the last user as Sergey Kubushyn so unless you have Sergeys licence file then that is not the xml you have installed but rather the one you got from Sergey.
There is no point in me looking at that xml as I do not know if it is exactly the same as the one you are using at the moment.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 05:20:11 PM »
I called it that so I would be able to switch to another one with a similar name if it didn't work. If it makes it less confusing I can remove the sergey part from the name of the file but it is the one I'm actively using

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »
Ok thats better, it wasnt the name you called it, it was the info in the xml that said Sergey was the last user whereas this one has you as the last user so it is a different file. I have also just checked and there are differences between the two files, in particular the Z axis settings.
That is why I was wanting the file you are actually using as it means I am not looking at something that is different to what you actually have loaded.
I will look through the xml  more thoroughly in a bit and see if I can find any issues.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »
Thanks Hood. I just hadn't changed anything in it while using it last time. I did right before attaching it this time.