Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 03:03:35 AM

Author Topic: Latest Version notes  (Read 5002 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Latest Version notes
« on: May 24, 2013, 03:38:30 PM »
Hiya Ron, Good job on the latest version. Just a couple of notes after a quick review.

On the tool strategy in the Gcode it ends with a M8 (coolant on) ??

Good Job on the Gcode Window. NOW if you could add in a Multistep function for it it would be about perfect. Let me explain. I have a part to build and I have the blueprint with all the numbers. The WIZ can handle most of it and with the new ADD Gcode option it is much better.

IF we had a multistep option for the ADD Gcode I could then program in the ODD contours for the outside profile of the part. The number are in the print so that part is easy BUT having to repeat the code for each stepdown makes it time consuming.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Re: Latest Version notes
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 08:01:01 AM »
Hi Ron,
Now that I have some time on my hands I am taking a better look at the wizard. I like it so far but the one thing I noticed is that when you make a change to the tool path color using the mixer and click add to custom colors it won't "stay". The color change is permanent but when you go back in to make another color change the color that you added to the custom color list isn't in the list anymore.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 08:15:22 AM »
Second problem,
I am trying to setup multiple tool table, one for each machine. I went into help, searched for tooltable and it came up with tool select. On this page is a hyper link called ToolTable. When I click on it I get a message that says unable to open htm document or some such. See attachment for the exact message.

We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »
Time for a request(complaint).
I was able to copy and past to make a second tooltable. The request is two fold. Make it easier to create multiple tool tables and second, make it easier to change between them. Under config/tooltable there is a box that tells you which tool table file that you are using. It unfortunately has the entire path so the word that you use to describe which machine this is is hidden way down in the depths of the tool box.

It would be great if in the job settings box to have a label that says which tooltable file that you are using or which machine you are using. Even better would a selection for machine which would automatically select the proper tool table for the selected machine. I can see myself using this for 3 machines on one computer.

Lastly I want a checkbox to order Pizza and beer while I am machining.LOL
Thanks again.

Mike

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 01:32:32 AM »
NOW everyone knows the pizza button is on the machine as you may not have the wiz open all the time. AND actually I can order pizza from the machine. It is Email capable and you can order online here for local delivery.

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 06:51:25 AM »
Hi Terry
I can order pizza that way too but the real trick is the beer.LOL