Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:21:56 PM

Author Topic: Zeroing my coordinates and keeping them zeroed  (Read 3099 times)

Zeroing my coordinates and keeping them zeroed
« on: February 14, 2007, 10:15:46 PM »
Using Mach2

I place my table at my zero position.  I go through and zero all coordinates and do the save function on table and offsett.  When i go to run my home position it still goes back to different position. 

How can i create the zero position on both my cnc and in my software so when I press home it always returns to the same position?

Hood

Re: Zeroing my coordinates and keeping them zeroed
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:07:57 AM »
Not really sure what you are asking but one question I have is, do you have Home switches (or limits you use when homing)?
Hood

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:32:23 AM »
Not sure here as I have never used Mach2, but do you have some kind of 'Home Offset' value entered in 'Homing and Limits' or in the 'G28 Home Location Coordinates'?
Scott
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 01:33:55 PM »
I am trying to avoid using switches as when we start milling they usually get jammed with metal shards fairly quickly.  Is there a way to set the offsetts and home positions in the software only?  At this point I keep on running into my machine coordinates dominating, and my home position is a number that is beyond my softlimits.  So when I press the home position button my z tries to go above my limit and my table does the same. 

Using mach 2

Darek