Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:48:22 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 crashes if left running  (Read 3881 times)

Offline CES

•  62 62
    • View Profile
Mach3 crashes if left running
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:17:43 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I am still very new to CNC and suffering the Newbie issues that I think are normal.
I have Windows 7 32 bit,
a Grizzly CNC Mill (G8689) with
Gecko drivers and I get air cuts often.
Getting air cuts is for a different time. While looking into the air cuts, Mach3 crashes with two error codes:
Error 8890 followed by Error 9991 which seems fatal. Mach3 closes.

This has happened several times. The length of time I leave Mach3 running is usually hours but when left running overnight it crashes.

Any help would be great.
Re: Mach3 crashes if left running
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »
Have you had a printer connected before linking your machine to your machine only the error codes seem to be linked to Brother Printer faults. Also Mach does funny things if you have a virus checker or any other software that uses the printer port. Mach recommends a dedicated computer as any signals sent out down the line will cause your cnc program to default, remove any unneeded software from your machine.  Just a thought. Jim

Offline CES

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:40:53 PM »
Thanks Jim,
  The PC has no printer or other devices connected. It does have a wireless internet connection but that does not seem to be an issue while I am using the software. The only software I have on the PC is Windows 7, Firefox and Mack3.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
A wireless network has wreaked more havoic on my machine than anything hooked to it since or before and I try to break things.  I would get the blue screen of death.  I'm quite sure you have another process stepping in at some point........... what it is I don't know but do keeps us posted on your findings please.  Have you looked at the optimization file?  Most of it is rarely necessary any more but it will give you some ideas what to look for I think.

ftp://anonymous:guest@machsupport.com/ExtraInformation/Optomize.txt

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:02:49 AM »
OK I had a problem the reverse of yours sometimes I would loose an axis, maybe that's a clue to your air cuts! It turns out that the virus checker was doing a check and sent a signal down the printer line to check the printer port. I ended up buying a secondhand Dell Inspirion (£40 off ebay) and taking everything off except Windows 7, Mach software and disabled the internet card, never even loaded a printer to it. I have no problems now, touch wood. Jim

Offline CES

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 10:04:27 AM »
A wireless network has wreaked more havoic on my machine than anything hooked to it since or before and I try to break things.  I would get the blue screen of death.  I'm quite sure you have another process stepping in at some point........... what it is I don't know but do keeps us posted on your findings please.  Have you looked at the optimization file?  Most of it is rarely necessary any more but it will give you some ideas what to look for I think.

ftp://anonymous:guest@machsupport.com/ExtraInformation/Optomize.txt

Brett

From the Optimizations page:
0 - Standard PC installed
1 - No Visual Effects available on PC
2 - Not sure on Processor scheduling, 4 processor system - I'll check tonight
3 - Soon to have 4G RAM so Virtual Swap page will be 2G
4 - No System Restore
5 - Will have to check on Error Reporting
6 - No Auto-updates
7 - Remote Assistance disabled
8 - Remote Desktop Enabled - will try disabling it - weekend-ish
9 - PC is not ACPI
10 - DMA on all disks is enabled
11 - Only Windows 7 standard startup
12 - Have not seen this so I will check - System Group Items
13 - Too many for me to know, I'll check
14 - Will have to try these.
15 - Will have to try this.
16 - Theme is Classic
17 - Indexing is disabled
18 - Disk is 2T bytes, lots of room but will defrag it.
19 - I have no CD ROM attached, No floppy disk drive.
20 - MSN Messenger is disabled.
21 - Power Management is disabled
22 - Wallpaper is static but will turn it off
23 - System Sounds are disabled
24 - I have updated around 2 months ago, but will try it again.
25 - Only Firefox has been installed.
26 - As I said before, the HD is a 2T byte drive.

I will need to attempt some of these this weekend when I have time. My normal job is 8-5 and usually goes till 6:30.

Offline CES

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 10:06:21 AM »
OK I had a problem the reverse of yours sometimes I would loose an axis, maybe that's a clue to your air cuts! It turns out that the virus checker was doing a check and sent a signal down the printer line to check the printer port. I ended up buying a secondhand Dell Inspirion (£40 off ebay) and taking everything off except Windows 7, Mach software and disabled the internet card, never even loaded a printer to it. I have no problems now, touch wood. Jim

The GCode must be generating incorrect values for my Mill so I'll post to a different thread.
BTW, I reestablished Top Of Part and the bit went UP 1.97 inch and cut air!

CES