Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:36:39 PM

Author Topic: Motor Tuning for Sherline 2010 Mill - HELP.  (Read 2230 times)

Motor Tuning for Sherline 2010 Mill - HELP.
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:03:32 AM »
Hello,

I am a bit new to this. I have the Sherline 2010 CNC Mill and I am using the Mach3. I have a small problem with the Motor Tuning config.
As testing, I drew a cylendar with internal diameter of 45 mm, outside diameter 50 mm (thickness 5 mm) and height 10 mm. I converted the drwaing into G-Code, and I checked the code and it matched my drawing sizes. My problem is when I ran the G-code on the Mill using a PVC board, I found that the drawing was smaller in size by a couple of mm's. After too much troubleshooting, I found that the problem was related to the Motor Tuning configuration. I tried playing with the  numbers and the size changed (+/-).
Does anyone know the exact numbers to use in order to get an exact milling to the drawing??
Not: My step motor is: 200 steps/rev, Leadscrew is 1 mm thread pitch.
Any help would be highly appreciated
Re: Motor Tuning for Sherline 2010 Mill - HELP.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:17:53 AM »
Chapter 5.5.1 in the Mach3Mill Install config Manual avail under SUPPORT > Docs. at the top of this page.
I'd suggest that you read it. It's very straightforward, very well written and super easy to understand.
Then, if you have any further problems post them for specific help and guidance.
Happy chips,
Russ