Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:50:04 PM

Author Topic: need help unlocking mach3!!!!  (Read 5177 times)

need help unlocking mach3!!!!
« on: May 08, 2013, 01:20:40 PM »
hi, i'm new to the cnc crowd. I recently bought the cnc kit from cncrouterparts, and I finally got my machine up and running beautifully and now am running into the issue that I can only have 500gcode lines because im still on the mach3 demo! when I bought the package deal they sent me an email with directions on how to download a file and rename it and put in folder next to the run mach3 and I did all of that, but still showing up the Ive got the demo version only! please someone help me

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: need help unlocking mach3!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 01:23:40 PM »
You do not download a file and rename it, so sounds like you may have been pointed to a pirate licence. If it is a legal licence it will be sent to you in an email and you just place it in the Mach3 folder and restart Mach if it is already running.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »
3.Once installed, copy the attached license file to the Mach3 folder (default C:Mach3)

Mach1Lic.*********  MUST BE  renamed to  Mach1Lic.dat

4.Restart your computer.

5.Run Mach3, and the registration details will be imported automatically from the license file.

I got that in an email, with an attachment. does it still seem like a pirated copy? ........

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 01:35:54 PM »
No that sounds like it is legitimate, no mention of downloading and renaming a file :)

You dont have to restart the computer, just shutting down Mach and restarting is all that is required.
If you have done as the info above says and you still do not get Mach out of Demo you may have placed the file in the wrong folder.

Hood