Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:43:43 AM

Author Topic: Unwanted datum shift in x axis  (Read 16825 times)

Unwanted datum shift in x axis
« on: May 05, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »
Hi.

I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm new to Mach 3 but recently bought a hobby mill (3040 router) off eBay brand new that came with a version of Mach 3. It seems whenever I run a program over around 400-500 lines I get a datum shift in the x axis and the part is ruined

I have tested the machine in MDI and checked to see if its a motor error by checking repeated movements over 150mm in the x and it is within 0.02mm

When running a small component say 75mm x25mm with 3 small pockets and a profile it comes out fine. A larger component with say 3mm pockets and a profile say 230mm x150mm comes out wrong all pockets are perfect in size and position then the machine loses position by the cutter size in the x while contouring. I've tried for 2weeks to solve it on my own

I've updated from mach3 version 1.9 (came with mill) to the latest version from the site but still getting the problem.

I've tried different cam program's different components but always I get this error through any program on larger items.

Please help

Many thanks

Dave

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Unwanted datum shift in x axis
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 05:42:26 AM »
Hi Dave,

From the problem you describe it sounds as though you may need to check that your Mach3 licence is valid.

Contact Mach Support license@machsupport.com. and they will verify its authenticity.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 05:48:34 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the reply I will check ASAP. What information do I need to provide them. It says its licences to papa fabio?? I've uninstalled it all and re installed it and it still uses that licence ?

I have been experimenting and found the problem is occurring during x/y angle profile moves. The x motor is producing a clunk when moving in the positive direction. I keep trying all motor tuning settings but no cure. Tried low and high speen and it actual seems better at high speed??

Cheers

Dave

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 06:00:33 AM »
Hi Dave,

The 'Papa Fabio' is a pirate license. You need to purchase a genuine license from Artsoft for your machine to work correctly.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 06:04:38 AM »
im tempted to buy it im on the screen to but if it doesnt fix it i cannot get a refund :-(

you obviously have experience of this  ;)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 06:23:17 AM »
you obviously have experience of this 

Indeed I do sir.

Perhaps your best option is to go into your Mach3 folder and delete the file 'Mach1Lic.dat' then stick to running GCode programs that do not exceed the 500 line limit.
Then if you are satisfied that Mach3 is the machine control software for you - purchase a genuine licence and have many years of happy machining like the rest of us.
The choice is all yours and after all it is excellent value for money.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 06:31:32 AM »
Dave,
Can you post a link to the EBAY listing where you bought it.

RICH
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 07:03:40 AM »
Dave,
Can you post a link to the EBAY listing where you bought it.

RICH

hi its this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181091373085
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 07:04:54 AM »
you obviously have experience of this 

Indeed I do sir.

Perhaps your best option is to go into your Mach3 folder and delete the file 'Mach1Lic.dat' then stick to running GCode programs that do not exceed the 500 line limit.
Then if you are satisfied that Mach3 is the machine control software for you - purchase a genuine licence and have many years of happy machining like the rest of us.
The choice is all yours and after all it is excellent value for money.

Tweakie.

hi

i will try that after dinner and see how i get on and let you know. i have emailed the seller and they say they will send me new software and correct setting but have not recived it :-(
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 07:21:53 AM »
hi, just tried it in demo mode and still getting the same fault its out by around 1mm in x-
the motor is still clunking on x/y moves

ive attached g code

cheers

Dave