Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:49:28 AM

Author Topic: PCI Card  (Read 8437 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: PCI Card
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 03:27:55 AM »
Indeed...

Ian
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 04:17:18 AM »
Hi Ian,

The machine is still not working as it should (toolpath that is cut is different to the one on screen, I did post in general discussion about that but I think its been removed)

Thanks

Phillip

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 04:31:00 AM »
Phillip - I realize these things can be frustrating but you're not helping yourself.

Hood and I have been trying to help you and then after your last reply (post #7) you just abandoned this thread and started afresh in another post. This just wastes time and annoys the people who are trying to help you.

You then post on another forum (nothing wrong with that) but you give different information to what you've given us - so now you're frustrating them as well as us.

I'll leave it to you where you want to get help from but if it's here - please STAY with it - follow the thread - and give us UP TO DATE and CONSISTENT information. Otherwise we can't help you.

Ian
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 05:39:10 AM »
Hi Stirling,

Really sorry if I have upset people, I really appreciate the help that people are giving me. I don't think I abandoned the thread I had a message telling me it had been removed.

Yes I have posted on another forum just trying to get answers but the content is always the same, I cannot get the machine to cut what is on the screen (produced by me and others) no matter what I do.

All of the port issues had on another forum where caused as I tried to swap computers to deal with the issue and the only reason I have two forums running was that I thought that this one would be able to help me more with mach3.

Any help is truly appreciated and once this is sorted I do intend to try and help others (once I have learned) unfortunatlley I have clients to for fil orders for in the next two weeks so I think I need to sub the work out if I cant get it sorted today.

One again thank you

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 06:03:04 AM »
Phillip - let's get this out of the way and then we can hopefully move on. The thread I'm talking about you abandoning is THIS thread. I closed your NEW one for the reasons I gave.

Anyway - moving on...

In reply #6 Hood pointed out several issues with your XML file. You didn't come back and tell us whether you've followed his advice and if so what if anything changed.

In reply #8 I made my doubts about EC07 being the correct port address. I see from your posts on the other forum you have now changed this to EC00 which is more likely to be correct. It might have been helpful if you'd mentioned that here.

So putting aside for the moment your actual cut path is not what you see on screen. What about your jogging? - is that working now?

Ian
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 07:10:17 AM »
Hi Everybody,

Just had the supplier on the phone and its not my fault! Its the post processor (not 100% sure what that is other than a file) in cut 2 d and it also is the control box (Some lose wires and the problem with the sticky jog keys) by all the tests done (the suppler had been creating Gcode in another program for his tests on the same machine).

I have cut a square on three sides the fourth side not cutting however the display is counting down to 0 but no movement.

Will keep you all informed and thank you all for your help and please bare with me as not only am I new to CNC this has been my first venture into Forums

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 07:56:31 AM »
Pleased you're making progress. Thanks for letting us know.

BTW...

I have cut a square on three sides the fourth side not cutting however the display is counting down to 0 but no movement.

You have an axis direction pin loose ;)

Ian
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 08:03:34 AM »
Hi Ian,

Dont think its axis pin thats lose as it does it on all axis but not in any order.

Phillip

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »
Dont think its axis pin thats lose as it does it on all axis but not in any order.

Not sure what you mean by "does it an all axis" - I was specifically referring to your cutting of a square missing the last side - hence my quote

Ian
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 01:31:19 PM »
Hi Ian,

It is cutting the square bar one side, however the jog keys, as previous posts dont always work and I think its because the control board is corrupt.

Phillip