Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:50:30 AM

Author Topic: Shuttle pro assign buttons for single step + and -  (Read 2644 times)

Shuttle pro assign buttons for single step + and -
« on: April 29, 2013, 10:54:41 AM »
Hi All

Just got a shuttle pro off of ebay. I have the x y z moving with the outer ring. I`m uncertain how to assign
buttons for single steps plus or minus.

Thanks and regards Barry

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttle pro assign buttons for single step + and -
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 11:53:45 AM »
When using the dropboxes and configuring the plugin, I think there's a choice for jog+ and jog-, but you'll have to look as I'm not in front of my machine at the moment.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
There are four lower buttons near the bottom of the shuttle I assigned Single step to one button. Then assigned Jog Inr-- to another button.
Finally assigned Jog Incr++to a third button. No combination of clicking on the buttons moves the axis a single step. I did open the jog dialogue
box and set it to step mode. It works from the dialogue but not from the shuttle. I assume I`m using the wrong assigments ie Jog Inr--??

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »
Single step has to do with going through a GCode file a step at a time, not jogging.

Unfortunately your other choices I would have thought to work, but I guess it's possible your shuttle may not be working properly, or the plugin may not be working for you.

When I get a moment, I will try this for you and get back with any info.

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 01:38:37 PM »
Ok, the  Jog Incr++ and  Jog Incr-- sets the actual step size of the cycle jog step on the MPG (TAB on the keyboard).

Upon thinking about it, I do not think there is a step jog choice for buttons as that is what the center jog wheel is for. Set your step increment in the flyout (TAB), and then the center wheel will jog to whatevcer you set that to. I have mine set to .001", and if I need to ove it faster/further, I just use the outer ring to do that function.

Hope that helps?
Dave

Dave->    ;)