Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:30:16 PM

Author Topic: 4th Axis and Machine Coord Always Red  (Read 3585 times)

4th Axis and Machine Coord Always Red
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:21:36 AM »
Hi All,

I have been setting up my machine with home and soft limits , after I hit " Ref All Home " the X Y Z all 0 and go green as shown in the tutorial Vids , but because the 4th axis does not home then I do not get a Green LED on the" Mach Coord" button . It may be trivial and I have gone over the vids and the manual a few times to try to get all Green as shown in the Vid on homing and limits.

Is there a way of over riding or tricking the 4th Axis to Referance if it not being used and has no limit switches, or am I just being pedantic .

I also take it that each time you start the machine" Ref All Home " needs to be done to get the LEDs Green?

I have searched for related topics and threads , but did not find much ...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: 4th Axis and Machine Coord Always Red
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 03:22:47 AM »
Only axes that are active will reference so if you do not have the 4th enabled it will not reference.
If you are really worried about it you could just enable the A axis but not put any port and pin numbers in and when you press RefAll the LED will go green.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:46:47 AM »
Thanks Hood , just went down and did the changes to A axis , the Ref All LEDs are now all green except  the Machine Coords still stays Red for some reason .

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:13:35 AM »
Machine coords will always be red, that is to show you are looking at machine coords and not the normal work offset coords.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:18:58 AM »
Thanks Hood , I just noticed in the Artsoft Vid it is green, so I thought I might have not configured something right and the red was showing a fault condition.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 04:29:42 AM »
I have not looked at the videos but likely they are of an old screenset and thus things are slightly different. On the standard screenset the LED surrounding machine coords button is normally off to signify you are viewing work coords, when you press the button the LED surround will go red signifying you are seeing machine coords. Press it again and you will be back to work coords.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 04:41:08 AM »
Hood, Thanks for your help ... Appreciated