Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:13:57 AM

Author Topic: TS3040C-H80 - Do you have one? If so I need your help please  (Read 6532 times)

Offline m9g

•  26 26
    • View Profile
TS3040C-H80 - Do you have one? If so I need your help please
« on: April 25, 2013, 03:44:35 PM »
Hi

I have had one of these machines for a couple of weeks and have run out a few bits.

Problem I have is when maching in Z axis when its stepping down it's gaining distance, for example a program I ran stepped down 1mm at a time and when it got to 8mm down on the program it had actually machined 12mm down, I would think the steps per, acceleration and velocity is wrong in the config, motor tuning settings.

I have contacted the supplier who says leave the settings as default which is clearly not right, The paper manual said a different setting and a pdf manual they sent me said another different setting, I have also downloaded 2 other manuals for this machine and they have different settings.

I'm pulling my hair out as all the manuals for the same machine give different settings.

Can someone on here confirm that they can machine to correct distances and steps and please tell me what settings they are using for each axis

These settings are in the config, motor tuning section and the numbers I need are for - steps per, acceleration, velocity and the step pulse and the Dir pulse

If you can help i'd really appreciate it

Many thanks
Re: TS3040C-H80 - Do you have one? If so I need your help please
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 03:37:23 AM »
Hi M9g, have you tried using the automatic setting option in Mach's settings page tab. I set my accuracy using the axis setting option located just above the rest tab on this page. I clamped a vernier to the Z axis dialed in asked it to move down 20mm then put in the actual machines movement (19.56mm) Mach then automatically set the steps for you.
So
Go to "setting page" on Mach
Click on "set steps per unit"
Select Z axis
dial in a distance to move
measure actual distance moved
Mach will set the steps for you.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Offline m9g

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:05 AM »
Great thanks will try that when i get home :)

Thats a good thought, tape a vernier to the spindle, extend vernier til it touches the bed then move the spindle down thus giving accurate reading, excellent!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:43:38 AM by m9g »

Offline m9g

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 12:06:42 PM »
Sorted thanks :) - attached digital verniers to the spindle with a cable tie and ran the steps per config in settings
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 01:09:31 PM »
Good, you might find the X and Y might need setting, I used the same method. Jim

Offline m9g

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »
Cheers Jim - yeah I did all three axis, works like a charm now

I have posted a copy of my .xml file for any other TS3040 owners to drop into their mach3 so they can get up and running, I also swapped the x and y axis for a better machining area.

I have asked admin if they can stick it in the right section and mark it as sticky as it will be very useful for others and will solve the confusion of the 4 manuals for the machine that re the same except the settings are different

Really appreciate your suggestion and it worked a treat :)

Offline m9g

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »
Heres the link if anyone wants the file.....

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,24425.0.html