Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:24:51 AM

Author Topic: How to enable my 4th axis  (Read 2962 times)

How to enable my 4th axis
« on: April 21, 2013, 11:26:16 AM »
Dear Members

My current mach3 screen only displays X,Y,Z axis.

Recently installed my 4th axis and am at a loss on where to begin with enabling the 4th axis to display and how to configure the settings.  Please advise me of where I can find this information.

Thanks all

Jerry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How to enable my 4th axis
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »
You must be using a custom screenset if there is no 4th axis DRO on it, you will have to either modify your screenset or use the standard one or download and use one that has.
Hood
Re: How to enable my 4th axis
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:22:12 AM »
1) Go into config/ports&pins to enable A
2)Go to config/toolpath and check a-rotations enabled and check your corresponding axis of rotation.
3) Go to config/motor tuning and set steps per (this will be steps per 360 degrees of rotation) and velocity (this will be revolutions per minute)

Your program run (Alt-1) screen should show x, y, z, and 4.  Hitting tab key should fly out the MPG and you should be able to see a 4th pair of buttons for jogging the 4th axis. 

I've been working on this as I will begin building a separate machine for turning using a CA Harborfreight lathe.  The advantage there is to be able to make an extended bed using steel angle.  I'll mount the whole thing to an i-beam for rigidity and feed my router horizontally.  It should be a fun build.

Bob