Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:22:15 PM

Author Topic: coma to apostrophe  (Read 2484 times)

coma to apostrophe
« on: April 19, 2013, 03:59:24 AM »
Just a quick question about the text engraving apps that is in the Mach Wizard section. I realise this is not a Mach Program issue but I engrave names onto memorial plaques for a charity. Done dozens but been asked to do an O'Neil surname but just realised there isn't an apostrophe. I thought no problem just put in a comma and alter the Y axis dimensions to plus values. I doesn't work as easy as that, before I spend time figuring out the codes and directions has anyone sorted this out previously. I realise I could use F-engrave or just leave a space and put a straight line in the program to represent an apostrophe. Dose Mach recommend a suitable program or have a purchaseable apps to solve this problem. Jim

For a bit of fun you try moving the comma up to the top of the text, (in the middle of a name) its quite a challenge. I bet someone with more brain power than me will do it, no prizes for solving it just kudos in the Mach Club Members Forum.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: coma to apostrophe
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 04:52:27 AM »
Hi Jim,

This question has come up before and here is a possible solution;  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6027.msg39962.html#msg39962

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 07:08:56 AM »
Cheers Tweakie, Not sure if it will work in Helvetica Font but will give it a try. These zip files as mentioned in the thread you linked to me worry me, I always seem to manage to get them to corrupt my other files, but will give it a go. Jim
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:39:56 AM »
Managed to do it, its an upside down apostrophe but looks OK and maintains the gap. Note the changes to the + and - and the G3 and G2 changes. You can only change it through the wizard when you have completed the program and sent it from wizard to mach, then by altering it in the text editor in Mach. Copy and paste into programs causes loads of problems. I have put an attachment showing my changes but remember you can't copy and past, you have to make the alterations to the full text program. Remember prove it before you ruin any engraving you are doing. Jim