Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 04:15:31 PM

Author Topic: Lazy Cam Plasma Options  (Read 3854 times)

Lazy Cam Plasma Options
« on: February 11, 2007, 01:45:12 PM »
Hi, is it possible to call a macro in the plasma options ?
I'm using a 40 amp plasma cutter that needs to be triggered twice to start the arc.
Also, it would be great if there was somewhere to define the cutting width so it cuts to the waste side of the line.
I've tried to use tool offsets but Mach 3 shows Tool 0 in the toolpath window no matter what tool I designate.
I'm using Mach 3 Mill with the Plasma post from Lazy Cam as I've had trouble with the pin assignments in Mach 3 Plasma.
Thanks,
Glen.
I had a few parts left over - still it's always the same when you try a bit of "do it yourself"
Re: Lazy Cam Plasma Options
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 03:14:41 PM »
We are coming out with Lcam Pro that will offset the path in Lcam... should be out in a bit.

If you would like to change how the plasma starts you can edit the post. there is a small doc about that in the Mac3 directory (I think)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: Lazy Cam Plasma Options
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:04:47 AM »
Thanks, Brian.
I've got it working with the tool offset in Mach 3. This is the first time I have used Mach 3 Mill and I didn't realise how easy it is to offset. I've been using Mach 3 Turn for about 18 months with BobCad and I was used to having the offsets in the post. ( still learning )
Thanks again,
Glen.
I had a few parts left over - still it's always the same when you try a bit of "do it yourself"