Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:51:26 AM

Author Topic: motors gone mad with new computer  (Read 3793 times)

motors gone mad with new computer
« on: February 11, 2007, 07:43:32 AM »
I have been running mach3 on my laptop for the last 6 months no problems. I have just got a dell desktop running windows 2000 professional and put all the same parameters in an it goes mental. Motors are just jumping all over the place, I cant leave it on. Driver test on dell looks perfect. What is wrong with this setup??  ; :o
Re: motors gone mad with new computer
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 10:02:22 AM »
are you running a breakout board? I think you may be seeing a 3.5V Pport :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 11:40:25 AM »
no im not running a breakout board  :( is this the only way to fix it? what would I need to get and from where? Cheers, Mark

Hood

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 11:48:48 AM »
Another option would be to get a PCI parallel port and set that up, but even some of them are low on the volts. Even with a decent port it is best to have an optically isolated breakout anyway. There are lots of them about, I have used PMDX122 in the past and am actually using one in my lathe retro that I am doing at present. I also have another breakout board in this lathe, its from CNC Building Blocks and although I havent used it yet (lathe not finished) it is well made, well thought out and best of all it will take the Index pulse from my encoders and use that for very accurate homing.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 08:28:53 PM »
Another option would be to get a PCI parallel port and set that up, but even some of them are low on the volts. Even with a decent port it is best to have an optically isolated breakout anyway. There are lots of them about, I have used PMDX122 in the past and am actually using one in my lathe retro that I am doing at present. I also have another breakout board in this lathe, its from CNC Building Blocks and although I havent used it yet (lathe not finished) it is well made, well thought out and best of all it will take the Index pulse from my encoders and use that for very accurate homing.
Hood

Im liking the pmdx board a lot! price is good too.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 08:54:44 PM »
You may be able to use the PMDX-103 and save a bit of work :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com