Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:38:04 AM

Author Topic: Standalone DTHC Setup  (Read 4953 times)

Standalone DTHC Setup
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:32:35 AM »
Hi everyone;

I bought a new standalone THC unit for plasma. But I don't know how can i connect it to Mach 3.

I have two input and two output on my THC unit.;
1-Output from THC to controller. Arc Trans1 and Arc Trans2 to CNC input. That is dry contact relay connection.(I think that is arc OK signal.)
2-Input to THC unit. THC Auto and Arc on signal.(I think they are low effective)

So how should i connect that wires to PC. And if i ll connect the arc on signal to pin 5. How can i set up the pin 5 for arc on signal on mach3. And same thing for input signal. How can i set up the pin17 for arc OK signal and pin 18 for THC on/off signal.

How my THC Working;

Firstly Controller sending the arc on signal to THC and THC unit piercing the material. After pierce , THC sending a Arc OK signal to controller and controller sending movement signal to x and y axis' driver.

Notice: Actually I have two more cable but I don't know how is that working and is that input or output signal. That cables are up and down.

Sorry about my bad Eng. I ll wait help.

Thank you..

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Standalone DTHC Setup
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 12:22:29 PM »
OK now could you give us the Manufactor's NAME of your thc???

All we know at present is you have a THC. (;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:51:23 PM »
Br549;

My thc is xpthc 300 u can look it from here: http://www.hydcnc.com/en/products_1.asp?menuid=18&id=36#ptedian

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:43:18 PM »
Being a stand alone then MAch3's  rolls is to provide a start signal and receive and ARK ok signal to start X/Y  motion.

Seems the ArcTrans1/2 is the start torch circuit It will need a relay to close the circuit of 1 and 2.

The ARKOK circuit coming into MACH3 will depend on WHAT mode you plan to run in. In IHS mode the circuit would be the IHSArcOn.

In Mach3 set 2 I/o functions.

1 input for the ArkOK signal .
1 output for the StartTorch relay.

THat is about it for Mach3's side.  The rest is all THC controller based.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 12:34:03 AM »
Br549;

Thank you for your help.all of that is right. :)

But actually the big problem isnt that. Idk how can i set up my mach 3 config and settings.

if i ll connect the arc on signal to pin 5. How can i set up the pin 5 for arc on signal on mach3. And same thing for input signal. How can i set up the pin17 for arc OK signal and pin 18 for THC on/off signal.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 04:48:47 AM »
Anybody can help me???  :-\

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 12:10:04 PM »
It is all in the config pages May want to give the MANUAL a read.

Go to output page and set up the function you need. Same with input page.

(;-) TP