Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:16:30 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys I2C Fuctionality  (Read 3823 times)

Pokeys I2C Fuctionality
« on: April 13, 2013, 06:56:56 PM »
Hi,

I have been successful using the PoKeys utility to interrogate a TMP75 sensor using the 56U. The next step would be to try and write some code in Mach3 to see if I can communicate over I2C.

My problem is that the documentation is a not very specific on the command structure. I am using Version 17/1/2013 manual. Page 62 lists the commands, but no additional data. Other commands do have some additional information (SetPinData as an example on page 104).

Is there more information available that I am missing? If not, has someone successfully used the commands and can help me with some code snippets?

Regards,

Geo

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pokeys I2C Fuctionality
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »
Hi, Geo

Unfortunately, Mach3 plugin does not expose all PoKeys functionality to mach3. More information on PoKeys functions can be obtained by installing PoKeys setup and looking at the library help (gets installed to PoKeys program folder). Moreover, the protocol is described in the protocol specification document, available at poscope.com.

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 07:52:16 PM »
Thanks, I took a look at the specification document. I understand the structure of the data, but I don't understand how to interface to PoKeys from Mach3 using VB.

If it is possible, can you please provide some sample code.

Thanks,

Geo

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 12:13:07 AM »
Hi, Geo

As I pointed out before - PoKeys plugin does not expose PoKeys interface to Mach3 and thus Mach's VB can not be used to talk to PoKeys.

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope