Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:42:27 AM

Author Topic: DMM Wizzard?  (Read 16348 times)

Vmax

DMM Wizzard?
« on: February 11, 2006, 11:41:34 PM »
Brian is there a wizard to find the position and dia of various holes? Here is what I need to do. I have a part to copy that has a complex array of holes various sizes and positions. I would like to use a probe and manually move to the hole location insert the probe and let Mach find the position and dia and record it. Then go to the next hole and repeat untill all the holes are located. Then save the file. Any such critter possible?  Terry
Re: DMM Wizzard?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »
This is very doable... I would do this if I had more time :( I am in hopes that we could build up something like that in the next year or so.

If you would like to make it I have all the math :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Vmax

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 10:57:21 AM »
Brian if I could program I would already have tried it. I have the time but I am a programing KLUTZZZ at best.  Post the math and I will see if my son has time to give it a whirl. If not I can always do it manualy.   But please add it to your list. Thanks Terry

Vmax

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 12:29:19 PM »
Brian what are the programing parameters for the G31 straight probe cycle?  Terry
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »
Take a look at the Probe zip file that I posted here :
http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=239.0
This will show how I used the probe cycle.

www.machsupport.com

Vmax

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 12:18:01 AM »
Could you give me a brief tutorial on how to use it and what it does.

I am thinking all we need is a couple of simple cycles that will return a point.

1. A circle cycle where you insert he probe inside the circle and mach will probe x+/-,y+/- and returns to the center point and returns a center point and dia.

2. A straight cycle that moves in the direction you program, say X+ untill it trips and backs off. It then returns a point.

Both cycles need to be able to input the probe tip dia for it to calculate the true point and dia.

If We can call them from the DMI or DMM screen :-) I can certainly write that info down on my basic hand drawing and later input it into CAD by hand. If Mach could just generate the points I can certainly do the rest.

Thanks Terry
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 07:19:33 PM »
OKAY... If people speak up here and tell me that they will use it, I will write it for FREE!!! I have been thinking that this would be  very cool thing to add to the NFS wizard set but you know that is going to be more work that I feel like at this time ;)

I feel like the guy in the dunk tank  ::)

www.machsupport.com

Vmax

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 11:38:05 AM »
Brian I did not mean to pressure you  into doing a new Wizard, just throwing up some ideas for furture developement of Mach. If you are pressed for time put these ideas on the backburner for later developement. ( Just don't forget them ) Stress can be a Killer don't waste a great mind. When what you are doing is no longer fun, stress is starting to rule. Thanks Terry Parker
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 03:47:46 PM »
It is not pressure that is the problem... It is doing stuff for the greater good! If there are people that will use it I will build it. IF only one is going to use it I am better off working on an other project.

I will do about anything to help keep people having fun and making chips:)

Thanks

www.machsupport.com

Vmax

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 07:29:22 PM »
Brian you are doing a good job. Sometimes I forget this is the fun side of CNC I get stuck in the work side sometimes even though I am retired. I keep tring to work a Mach solution into machine retrofits but it is not quite ready for the big show just yet. It is a excellant Hobbiest platform, works well over a wide variaty of parts and pieces. I just want to push it along sometimes so just overlook me if you will.. Thanks Terry