Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:36:10 AM

Author Topic: PC ID not showing  (Read 16780 times)

Re: PC ID not showing
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 10:09:26 AM »
Are the people that paid for the product going to get a free upgrade? My licensed copy is two weeks old.

No... it isn't a custom tool table. When Mill Wizard starts the default is "No Selection" and tool #4 (1/4" mill) shows up menu. As long as you don't monkey with the settings in the "Select a New Tool" box the tool path display works. If a new tool is selected (any tool) from the drop down menu the tool path display doesn't work, and a zero feed rate shows up in the gcode. If the gcode is loaded in into Mach 3... it will show up as a feed rate error.

As far as using the MAC address for the pc ID# license scheme goes... its a clunky and problematic way to prevent coping which users are finding out trying to install the product.  
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »
TDAY:

Make sure to completely remove the Netgear software and driver and do a pc restart.

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 10:40:30 AM »
Got it all removed did restart and still blank PC ID. 

On another note I had a crash the first time i went to Config>Tool Table and added a Tool, when i hit the Save button Mill Wizard crashed. Once i loaded the default Tool Table then there was no crash. No problems, as that is why its still in BETA. The software is a really good start in the right direction. :)

Thanks,
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 06:51:19 PM »
It is clear a blocked mac address will prevent the license code from generating a key. It is not the only factor read, but a critical one.

I will be adding a warning box to pop up if the address is blank.
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 10:22:46 AM »
TDAY: Does the machine have antivirus software running? It could be a registry error too... many times deleting software doesn't remove it from the registry.  

I experienced a program crash for the first time yesterday. Not sure what happend but it seems to be related to changing the plunge rate in the tool select menu. I did notice that if you select a new tool from the drop down menu, the plunge rate changed to 0.006 and the tool path dosen't work. If change the plunge rate to a whole number (say 10 for example) the tool path display works.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »
You might want to re-install Netgear and make sure it's enabled to see it that's your problem. I leave mine on and it doesn't affect Mach 3's operation. My Dell xp pro is only used for the cnc machine.... not web surfing so I really don't care. I have mill wizard on the same machine for convienance.

I normally run Aspire 4.0 but do that on a Windows 7 pro machine. Mill Wizard is a great concept for quick parts where you don't want to spend two hours fool around with cad/cam software.  Now if Ron can just get it to work....
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 02:10:07 PM »
Hi all,
just an info.
Some days ago I tried to install the license.
No luck first.  ??? Then after an hour or so I had the idea to enable LAN  ::) (  normally deactivated due to it is not an internet PC )
That did the trick.  :D
LAN activated = license  :o
LAN deactivated =no license  ;D

Alex
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 02:16:05 PM »
Oops,
the last two smilies I accidentally swapped. ::)
Alex
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »
I did notice that if you select a new tool from the drop down menu, the plunge rate changed to 0.006 and the tool path dosen't work. If change the plunge rate to a whole number (say 10 for example) the tool path display works.

This hit me doing a demo at Cabin fever. You are correct that a small value in plunge will be turned to a zero in the gcode 'pretty up' routines, and that will cause toolpath to fail.

I am looking for why the plunge value turns up so low. I recall fixing a problem in the plunge calculation using the material table overrride value. I suspect something there is causing this. Brian will (eventually) add an error message to the toolpath display when any gcode is bad.

I wont be able to compile a new version until Im home from NAMES on April 23, but I hope I have figured it out by then.

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
TDAY: Does the machine have antivirus software running? It could be a registry error too... many times deleting software doesn't remove it from the registry. 

I experienced a program crash for the first time yesterday. Not sure what happend but it seems to be related to changing the plunge rate in the tool select menu. I did notice that if you select a new tool from the drop down menu, the plunge rate changed to 0.006 and the tool path dosen't work. If change the plunge rate to a whole number (say 10 for example) the tool path display works.

It used to have AVG, but i uninstalled it a couple years ago. This PC (Mill Machine PC in question) does not get any web or networking, i only tried the Netgear to see if my wireless router could reach machine,which it could not.
 I ran Free Windows Registry Repair and CCleaner after the uninstall. But i will try and reinstall netgear and see what happens.

Thanks again,
Troy

"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com