Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:23:20 PM

Author Topic: PC ID not showing  (Read 16778 times)

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
PC ID not showing
« on: April 12, 2013, 07:10:08 PM »
Trying to purchase a license, but when i open the About window in the Mill Wizard, the PC ID area is blank.
Any idea why?

Windows XP Pro
IBM ThinkCenter
Posted on yahoo also.

Thanks,
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: PC ID not showing
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »
IF you need the PC ID use the copy the id to clipboard. Then open up NOTEPAD and paste it in. Then you have the id to use to get the license.

OR copy to clipboard then PASTE it into the license application on the website. Saves having to retype the ID .

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 08:24:52 PM »
I tried the copy to clip board and paste to notepad, but nothing shows.

Troy

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
It works here so I don't know what else to tell you . Ron is at a show this week and will not be back till next week.

What version of windows are you running ?  Have you tried starting the Wizard in ADMIN mode ?

(;-) TP

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »
Windows XP Pro. Yes iam in admin.
Itried the install on my desktop, that is XP home and had no problems.

Guess ill wait till the show is over.
Thanks,
Troy
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »
I am at Cabin Fever show, where we just finished aa day of CNCn seminar, and intro to Mach4. Everyone seems to like Mach4

I have no idea why the license code field would be blank. Ill talk to Brian about it tomorrow and see if he has anidea.

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 10:07:54 PM »
Ok,  :)
Thanks,
Troy
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 12:06:32 AM »
This happened to me on my Dell XP pro .... no PC ID# license field. In my case I traced it to the NetGear network wireless adapter in the USB port causing the problem. If the NetGear network wireless is disabled it blocks the pc MAC address. I think it has something to do with NetGear's networks ecurity function. Mill Wizard uses the MAC address to get the pc ID# for the license. If I enabled the wireless adapter Mill Wizard license works fine. Check to see if your pc's MAC function is enabled.

The other bug with Mill Wizard is if you select any of the tools from the Select a New Tool Table, the tool path display doesn't work. It will generate the Gcode... just can't see the tool path. Also If there isn't a tool path display... you will also find Mill Wizard sets the feed rate to zero in the Gcode. To fix it you have to manually enter new values (actually any value will work) in the feed rate and plunge boxes.

Mill Wizard is buggy to say the least and needs to be fixed.
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 07:42:47 AM »
The other bug with Mill Wizard is if you select any of the tools from the Select a New Tool Table, the tool path display doesn't work. It will generate the Gcode... just can't see the tool path. Also If there isn't a tool path display... you will also find Mill Wizard sets the feed rate to zero in the Gcode. To fix it you have to manually enter new values (actually any value will work) in the feed rate and plunge boxes.

If the toolpath doesnt display there is a a bug in the gcode. Selecting the toolpath from the table works well with the tables I have tested. Have you made some custom tool table? I would like to see it to figure out what is wrong. I experienced a toolpath failing to display yesterday, in front of a seminar at the Cabin Fever show, obviously not a good time to do any serious debug.

The feedrate to zero indicates the tool selection went wrong, the error check should prevent that.

Im on the road now, the end of Cabin Fever today, then on to Detroit for NAMES next weekend. I can  read the source to look for errors, but cannot compile new code on my laptop. I will try to figure this one out and be ready for a fix when I get home.

There have been few bug reports so far, and they have been fixed, this one will too.

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 09:43:53 AM »
Hmmmm..... I tried a USB NetGear over a year ago. I think the software and drivers are still on PC.
Will check and see what happens.
Thanks,
Troy