Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:39:46 AM

Author Topic: Newbie needs help  (Read 8030 times)

Newbie needs help
« on: April 11, 2013, 11:37:47 AM »
 ::) I am new to CNC and Mach3 and have encountered a problem I can't resolve. Please help.
Building a CNC plasma table and have purchased Mach 3 to control it. I'm using R&P with stepper motors for my linear movements. My gantry has a separate stepper motor on each end. I'm trying to slave the second motor to the first motor on the Y axis but when I go to config> slave and set the Y axis to axis A it won't connect and run the slaved motor. I have checked all the motor outputs pins on port 1 and they seem OK. I have actually connected both motors separately to each set of output pins and run them as Y axis and the motors will run. Its like the Y axis isn't talking to the slave axis A in Mach 3. Its probably something I'm doing wrong but I don't know what. Can anybody Help?
Thanks
GMitchell

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie needs help
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 02:05:36 AM »
Hi GMitchell

Slaving the Y and A axes.

I am not an expert at this because I have never had occasion to actually do it but…

In Motor Tuning make the settings exactly the same for both the Y and A axes and save the settings for each.
In General Config uncheck the A-Axis so it makes the A axis Linear.
In Slave Axis select Y to A then restart Mach3.

You should now have both these axes slaved.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »
Hi Tweakie

Your help suggestion were right on the money and after I set them up the A axis came to life and follows the Y axis perfectly. Now I can move on to finishing this table.

Thank You very much for all your time and effort.

GMitchell

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 12:01:07 PM »
Hi GMitchell,

I am pleased that you have got it working OK.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 08:44:56 PM »
trying to load uc 100 on to my Toshiba satellite laptop with windows 8   getting a usb driver error ???????????    Joe

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 04:13:36 AM »
trying to load uc 100 on to my Toshiba satellite laptop with windows 8   getting a usb driver error ??    Joe

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps checking all the documentation on the UC100 website may help. http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html
Or else try contacting them directly (basically this sounds like a UC100 problem rather than a Mach3 problem).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 07:02:36 PM »
Newbie too having problems with the cnc 6090 can't get  axis to move no jog. Configured all ports and pins but keep getting message delta internal error, movement error. Can anyone tell me what this is?
Huck
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 12:08:35 PM »
I'm new to this.  I have built a custom CNC that has an additional linear axis on which the Z-Axis is mounted.  This additional longer axis is parallel to the X-Axis but above it.  I am planning on having this axis move into and out of the processing area so that it can be environmentally sealed.  I have connected it as though it is the A-axis.  Every thing is working quite nicely .  .  .  .  except Mach4 still thinks the "A-axis" is rotary.  How do I change it so that it knows the A-axis is linear?