Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:58:02 AM

Author Topic: Driver poblems  (Read 7790 times)

Driver poblems
« on: February 10, 2007, 03:32:41 PM »
I am trying to run mach3 for the first time. I installed a new Asus mother board and 2.8 ghz dual core processor. I am running XP pro. I cannot get any inputs or outputs. The inputs work coming to the breakout board but I get nothing in Mach3. The driver test worked and looked very good. When I look at the device manager it shows ECP printer port. I have uninstalled and reloaded twice, installing driver both times. Can you give me some directions?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Driver poblems
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:57:04 PM »
Hi, Bobby

Make sure you have assigned each pin # a Port #, its easy to miss on the motor outputs setup page.

Dose the Port1 Pins Current State have any green led's showing on, in Diagnostic Page,also dose it show Pulse Frequency and Time in int

changing.

Post your Mach3Mill.XMl file, its in your C:\Mach3 folder and a description of your setup pins.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 07:23:23 PM »
I have assigned the step and direction pins and pins 10 and 11 from my limit switches. All are enabled. I get no leds for the limits and cannot jog the axis. I have double checked all wiring and even verified that the limits are working to the breakout board with a meter. I have no leds on the diagnostic page.  Motor step and direction is pin 3-7. Port is 0x378 and is enabled.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 07:57:27 PM »
Hi,

"I installed a new Asus mother board and 2.8 ghz dual core processor."

Does anybody have such problems with a dual core processor? Last PC Ive tested with such an processor doesnt
work well! (And Ive tested a lot of in the last 2 years ;) )

Could you please post your drivertest?

Greetings from Germany,

Wolfram

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 08:13:04 PM »
Hi, Bobby

Have you entered Port 1 in all the Axis step and Dir collum's on the right side of Config, Motor Outputs page also.

Your reply isn't clear.

Are your OPTO Isolators on your breakout board enabled.

Post your XML File.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 09:57:35 AM »
Check the cable and be sure you don't have a 25 pin Serial cable :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »
I cannot post the fille. The computer it is loaded on is not connected to the internet. I have tried to copy it and post it but it will not work. It sometimes tells me that a file with the same name is already attached which it is not. I do have everything set to port 1 and have tried different cables. The breakout board is enabled.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 03:27:17 PM »
am trying again
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 03:27:45 PM »
Testing
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 03:28:48 PM »
One more time