Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 08:21:55 AM

Author Topic: ess mach 3 and win 8  (Read 9166 times)

ess mach 3 and win 8
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:03:41 AM »
I was wondering who has done this setup before i would like to find a resource for some problem solving.leave me a pm. i am frustrated with it and it would help to have someone to drop a line to. thanks immensely - Andy

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: ess mach 3 and win 8
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »
If you can describe the problem you are having and what you have done to try and solve it you will get more responses.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 09:48:54 AM »
right now i keep getting an e4or about jd write code? i am headed to my shop in a ibit but i c+ot find what this means. any ideas. thanks

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 04:14:49 PM »
I have no idea what you just wrote. Can you please be more clear?

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 01:25:29 AM »
what i meant to write is that the dumba! that wired between ess and main board screwed up one of the co+ection (hooking up a wire so it l9ked like an esher paintin .now that i have redone those 2 wires i wi? give it a go in the morning. lol when a? else fails.....in everything.back to fundementals!  lol i wi? report back.thank you Je#.

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »
I don't know if it is a language barrier or a typing barrier but your messages are almost impossible to decipher. I would really like to help but I cant make sense out of your message.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 12:28:12 PM »
I don't need to try and type from my phone. sorry Jeff. one problem i found was wiring between the ss and the board. i double checked everything and there are more lights on ( thats good i think) now i just realized that i have 2 ports with the ss and the instructions i have are for 1 port. i try and run the configurator (in bootp mode) and it is not getting a response however when i ping it it gets back all of the packets. i just don't know enough to figure out how to configure. when i run the test button i get movement which leads me to believe it is somewhere either in software  (and configuring which i know is part of it.) i just would like someone to help point me on how to setup for 2 ports and start to move in the right direction. Thank you Jeff and sorry about the garbled message !!-Andy
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 12:42:16 PM »
also the message i get is JT Write the server is not running.........

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 03:46:45 PM »
Please take a look at the new ESS manual: http://warp9td.com/files/ESS%20User's%20Manual%20Rev%200.1.pdf.zip

You do not need to run the configurator unless you need to change the IP address of the ESS. It comes already programmed as 10.9.9.9. Most problems folks encounter have to do with firewall programs. You must let Mach3 through your firewall, and of course have your PCs network adapter configured properly. It does not matter if you are using one or two ports on the ESS the configuration to get it to talk to mach3 is the same.

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »
Cool Thanks Jeff that was actually a ton of help. the FT error was telling me that i did not have a ftp server set up on this computer and it turned out to be a firewall problem. I'll keep you posted.....Thanks a lot-CAM