Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:23:39 AM

Author Topic: feed overide  (Read 4556 times)

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
feed overide
« on: February 10, 2007, 10:47:10 AM »
Hi,
   Could anyone tell me how I could associate the /* keys on the keyboard number pad
to act as a feed +- overide? inthe same way as -+ on the number pad act as spindle speed overide?
  cheers
   Tony

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
Re: feed overide
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 11:20:02 AM »
Tony,

You can use Screen4 to assign a hotkey to the buttons.  They are currently (in the 1024.set screen) set to F10(121) and F11(122).

Open the screen set that you're using and double or right click on the buttons and you'll see where to set the hotkey.  You can't type anything in the box, but just uncheck and recheck the checkbox for a prompt to come up.

You can probably use the Keygrabber program in the Mach3 folder too, but I haven't taken the time to make sense of that program.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 11:26:08 AM by Scott »
Scott

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 08:49:09 AM »
Scott,
 thats great! sorted,Ive been playing for hours making new screens and that!
couple of things though:
is there a list of all the OEM codes and there functions?
how do you delete pages,for say, modifying the standard set?
if there are less pages and functions to the set,will this free up more
ram/CPU?
  Cheers thanks again
   Tony

Hood

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 11:53:34 AM »
Heres a list I copied from the WIKI and put in a xls so that it can be searched by pressing Ctrl F

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 12:23:33 PM »
Hood,
  thats perfect,just what I was looking for!
  cheers
     Tony

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 06:18:59 PM »
Tony,

As far as removing pages, I guess you could use the jump to page button and then delete everything on that page.  I'd make a backup copy just in case you want any pages back that you may have customized differently than the default set.

I don't know if you'll gain anything once Mach3 is running, but it would load faster.
Scott

Hood

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 06:26:15 PM »
If you are having problems with the speed the screenset loads it is probably  because your graphics card (Video card in the USA  I think ;)  ) is not really up to snuff. In the Lathe I am retro fitting I put an old 16Meg card in just to get the computer started and the screen was very slow to load and refresh, going from page to page was the same. I knew the card was low and was just waiting on one arriving, when it did I put it in (128Meg for £10) and everything is instantaneous.
Hood

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 06:44:03 PM »
Good point Hood.  I bet that 16 meg card gave you enough time to get another cup of coffee.   ;)
Scott

Hood

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 06:49:39 PM »
Nope, dont drink the stuff,  but I did manage to walk to the tap, fill the kettle, boil it, put a tea bag in my mug, fill it, let it brew, drink it and then I could watch the last DRO apearing on the screen LOL
 TBH it was workable but as Graphics cards are so cheap, well unless you are a gamer and need the latest and greatest, why wait 2 or 3 secs for a screen to load.
Hood