Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:08:21 AM

Author Topic: CAD file convertto DXF, but G code is not reading  (Read 11750 times)

CAD file convertto DXF, but G code is not reading
« on: April 08, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »
I made drawing with AutoCAD, converted the drawing from .dwg to .dxf.

With MACH3 reading and say file is succesfully loaded.

But in the MACH3 screen shows ; "Unknown word starting with eLine 0"

How can I solve this problem ?

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: CAD file convertto DXF, but G code is not reading
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 08:08:38 PM »
You must use a CAM program to set up toolpaths from your dxf file. Mach3 reads what is called GCode, not dxf files. It used to be way back that could open up a dxf file, but that was changed many years ago when LazyCAM was played around with.

I do NOT recommend LazyCAM to anyone as I would look into something like Vectric Cut2D or CAMBAM.

Hope that helps.
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:54:28 AM »
The programm I use is Autocad 2012 ; in this programm you can save drawings as dxf directly.

My CNC is bought after veryfying if MACH3 accepts drawings from Autocad. They told me that I have to save the drawing as dxf and than upload them. MACH3 converts automatic to G-code.

Butt it does not work.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 03:18:13 AM »
My CNC is bought after veryfying if MACH3 accepts drawings from Autocad. They told me that I have to save the drawing as dxf and than upload them. MACH3 converts automatic to G-code.

Butt it does not work.

As Dave has already said...

Mach3 did do this once upon a time but unfortunately, no longer.

Try opening LazyCam, loading your .dxf file and see what it makes of it. If it is the correct type of .dxf (for LazyCam) you may be OK and able to generate usable GCode.
If this fails then you need to consider a more versatile CAD/CAM package (such as Vectric).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 01:13:03 AM »
Very sorry, but I am a new guy in this forum, and I do not know how to select the right discussion. I just assembly a new homemade router, actually
is an small Proxxon MF70 to CNC adapted. Works fine except that the Z axis direction is opposite to what I need. How I can change Z axis direction in an easy way ???. At this moment, for small G codes I am changing by editing the Z coordinates from + to -, however it is a very silly way to solve my problem.
Many thanks for assist me on this.
Additionally I do have another limitation,...I cannot get G Codes by reading DXF files from Autocad in Mach3. Any solution ??. I just to do this in earlier
Mach3 versions, not available any more ??. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 01:58:13 AM »
Hi mvd535,

Welcome to the forum.

To change the motor direction for your Z axis - In Mach3  click Config / Ports & Pins then change the active state of Dir Low Active for your Z axis then click Apply.

In Mach3 click File / LazyCam you should be able to load your DXF's there to create the necessary GCode. There are help documents for using LazyCam here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12078.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 10:21:51 AM »
I use now as medium to convert Cut2D.
Works easy and perfect.