Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:19:58 AM

Author Topic: Newbee Question... More than one machine, only one Mach3 install  (Read 2389 times)

Hello all, I'm fairly new to CNC, however I've been CAD'ing and running a PhlatPrinter for a couple of years.

My working machine is a 3-axis setup running a licensed copy of Mach3 (ver 2.6) under XP on a laptop with a USB connected smoothstepper.
I am nearing completion of a 4-axis foam cutter build.

I would like to run both machines from the same Mach3 installation. I have read over the Mach3 literature and searched the forums for information on this but have not found a discussion about this situation.

I know you can setup different profiles in a Mach3 installation, but do they allow you to run more than one machine?

Thanks for any help!!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Newbee Question... More than one machine, only one Mach3 install
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:24:33 AM »
I know you can setup different profiles in a Mach3 installation, but do they allow you to run more than one machine?

Yes it does.

I only have one Mach 3 licence but I run 3 entirely different machines (only one at a time) using a different profile (called from a shortcut on the desktop) for each without any problems or issues.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Newbee Question... More than one machine, only one Mach3 install
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 12:17:23 PM »
Tweakie thanks for your reply.  I really like how Mach3 has worked with my current machine and I wasn't too excited about the idea of having to start anew.

Thanks again,
Dell