Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:26:44 PM

Author Topic: Stand alone wizards ?  (Read 4332 times)

Stand alone wizards ?
« on: February 09, 2007, 01:52:55 PM »
Hi Guys

I recently purchased a Tormach PCNC1100, it has not arrived yet. ( Oh the waiting.....)

So I have been playing with Mach2 / 3 and I really like it !!!   Good work guys !!!

My buddy has an old Kiwa VMC with a Fanuc 6m controller ( No drip feed , 16k memory ) and he really likes the wizards in Mach. Is there a standalone version of the wizards ? I mean without Mach ? He would gladly purchase such a package. Even at the advertised price of the Mach package. He just does not need Mach.
 Also on this topic, he has been having a problem with the wizard outputting to many decimals to the right of the decimal. The 6M controller chokes on anything past 7 digits to the right. The write wizard often generates code in excess of 8 places. Is there a way to limit the output to say 5-6 places ?

Please let us know

And thanks again for some great software !!

Scott
Re: Stand alone wizards ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 11:21:16 PM »
You could run Mach without installing the parallel port driver- there is a check mark for that on just about the last screen of the install. You could then run wizards and let them generate the code. Once you return to Mach hit the 'Edit Gcode' button and when the file opens do a 'Save-as' and put it wherever you want it.

The Newfangled wizards generally create a file in the Gcode directory called NewProgram.tap

ron ginger