Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:58:12 AM

Author Topic: My 1st cnc lathe conversion, spindle suggestion.  (Read 14908 times)

My 1st cnc lathe conversion, spindle suggestion.
« on: March 29, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »
Hi,
    This is my 1st cnc lathe conversion and it is almost complete apart from the spindle motor which I'm not sure whether to use AC servo or other, need some suggestion on that, currently AC servo is mounted on.
The lathe is a BVB25L:

It is driven by 2 DC servo 24V with absolute encoder for X axis and Z axis, 1 ATC turret with Stepper motor for tool change, and the spindle Motor = Mitsubishi HC-SFS352K, Driver = MRJ2S-350A.
Currently I'm facing problem with the AC servo drive(s), there are 2 MRJ2S-350A and I think both aren't working properly, those were bought used, I'm looking for an alternative.

Re: My 1st cnc lathe conversion, spindle suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:16:20 PM »
Very nice job so far.
I like the looks of the turret, did you make that also ?
Good work !

Russ
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:27:10 PM »
Hi Russ,
           I got the design plan from cnczone can't remember who provided it was ages ago, the measurement was all in Inches, I re-drew it all in mm.

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 05:32:32 AM »
What is the problem with the drives?
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 10:10:45 AM »
Hi Hood,
             As I switch on the drive the motor spin really fast and kept increasing until AL appears and stop this happened within 5 secs.. I get AL 52 and sometime AL 31, then I tried initialise the drive ---> PR182 -->0012 switch off then switch on, set my own PR settings but still getting Al. To proof the driver is faulty I use the same Pr settings on a MRJ2S-100A, it worked fine.
I think the easiest way is to put back the original AC motor that came with this lathe and add a encoder somewhere....
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 10:49:15 AM »
Also I forgot to say, if anyone out there has a BVB25L lathe, can I ask you to take a snapshot of the inner side of the Box where the gears are and send it to me, during cnc retrofit I took apart most of the gears and I wish to put some of them back in place but forgot where they belong,

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »
Sorry not quite clear but think you are saying you have tried the motor on a bigger drive and the motor is fine?

Do you have the drive set to the correct mode? I have not used these Mitsu drives so not sure how you set them up but maybe there is an option to reset the eeprom to factory settings, if so then maybe that will clear something that is causing a problem.

Do you have software for connecting these drives to a PC?
Hood
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 08:35:15 PM »
Factory setting = Pr182-->0012, then power off power on.
The software is called MRZJW3-Setup161, I have installed it but haven't used it yet.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 05:24:42 AM »
Just to confirm, you tried this motor on the other drive and it was fine?
You used the same cables when you tried on the other drive?
Reason I ask is because it sounds like the motor phase wiring is not correct as it will likely take off when that is the case.
Hood