Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:10:07 AM

Author Topic: error marks in table display ??  (Read 3311 times)

error marks in table display ??
« on: March 26, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »
I am running win 7 32bit and the latest version of mach 3 .. My steppers skip steps and loose their position.   I do notice when this happens I get a white line in the toolpath on the table display .. what would be causing this ?   MACH and machining is new to me ..

I was able to resolve some of the glitching bu shutting down services that had to do with driver detection and turning off interrupts ( irq) on the paralel driver )  I still get the problem though ... Also, I get an error in the driver test that oulse rate is " pulsing too fast"

how do i resolve this ?

thanks !

Voy
Re: error marks in table display ??
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:47 AM »
also as for the driver test,  sometimes it says "system excellent"  and others it does say " pulsing too fast "       :\

Voy

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:58 AM »
Voy, I'm not sure exactly what is going on in your system but the first thing you need to do is have good results when running the driver test.  If it will give good results sometimes and not others..........  and will run fine some times and not others....  good chance they are linked.  If you can't get good results from the driver test you need to consider other hardware such as an external motion device or a differrent PC.

Have you tried running the code with the tool path display turned off to see if it makes any difference?  You can turn off the tool path display on the diagnostics page above the reset button, tool path on/off button.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 11:21:35 AM »
Brett, here is what I have found, trying to do some troubleshooting ..

- when MACH 3 is not running, I get "System Excellent" under the driver test.   ( this is with or without the controller box powered on )

- When mach 3 is running , with or without the controller powered on, the test then comes back as    " pulsing too fast "

I have my Kernel speed set to  25K also ...

what i did nottice also is that if i set the kernel speed to the highest and try and move the motors around ,the will skip the same way as the do when running a job .. they dont do this when manually moving when set at 25K .. but it pops up here and there every 15 - 20 min when ruining a job   :(

I can't go any lower in the timeing .     im not sure where to go from here :\

thanks for the reply !

Voy

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »
Have you tried running the code with the tool path display turned off to see if it makes any difference?  You can turn off the tool path display on the diagnostics page above the reset button, tool path on/off button.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 12:24:08 PM »
just ran a test job now ...  did the same thing around 15 min into the job ..

Voy