Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:20:54 PM

Author Topic: Mill Wizard will not load tool path screens  (Read 3761 times)

Mill Wizard will not load tool path screens
« on: March 24, 2013, 05:00:27 PM »
Dear Board
I am having difficulties in obtaining a visual display of all most any job that I create.  The sets that i take as I go dow the road of job creation are; new job/ select material/ tool calc feed.
I eventual select a function (rectangle row of holes,  circle, rectangle, slot)   to perform / define origin/ direction of cut etc. No image is displayed.

The only EXCEPTION to this is when I select thread mill I am presented with a graphical representation on my screen.  Please advise.  Thank you

Jerry
Re: Mill Wizard will not load tool path screens
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 06:43:22 PM »
can you save a job file of one of the failed jobs and post it here. The job file is very small, but it contains everything I need to duplicate the job as you see it.
Re: Mill Wizard will not load tool path screens
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »
I noticed l wasn't seeing a tool path either when setting up a surfacing job. I also noticed that my feed rate on vertical moves was zero in the generated g-code.

Both problems were fixed when I changed feed rate for plunges in one of the dialog windows. The original value shown for the feed rate looked like it was calculated from the tool input. Reentering the value caused both problems to go away.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.