Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:20:22 AM

Author Topic: DMC-2133+servo+Mach3  (Read 7165 times)

DMC-2133+servo+Mach3
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:19:58 PM »
Hi everybody!I have a car simulator but i haven't got some parts for them.And i haven't got a chance to use them like a simulator.But I have full servo electronics kit with servos,amplifieres and enternet board DMC-2133.I want to connect this electronics to Mach 3.I see that peoople connect this board to Mach3 but thay use another board wich is connected on the internet board.And I don't know for sure how to connect this board and wich drivers install.See fotos and give commens!Thanks for all information!

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: DMC-2133+servo+Mach3
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 12:03:02 AM »
Yeah, you will have to get a different ICM for that 21x3 board.  Unless you have, and want to use, the motors that went with that Force Dynamics ICM.  Go to Galil's website and lookup the ICM that you need. 

ICM-20100    Interconnect with D-type
ICM-20105    Interconnect with optoisolated I/O

These are the usual suspects.

Steve
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 02:57:21 AM »
I'm not understand for sure what you say me,because im from Russia)).As I understand,I must CHANGE(buy another) the board wich is connected to 2133 board?This board impossible to connect with Mach3? But why? Maybe you know programm which will be move my motors without buying another boards? I want see how motors are moving!

Thanks!

Edward

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 04:15:02 AM »
I can't say for sure because I know nothing about the Force Dynamics ICM that is currently mounted to your 2133.  All I can say is that usually the 21x3 boards come from Galil with a ICM-10100 or a ICM-20105.

If you have the amps and servos that connect to that Force Dynamics ICM, then you may be able to use them.  But you did not specify for what type of machine (mill/lathe) or what size the amps and motors are.

As for drivers, you don't need any.  All you need is the version 4.5 of the Galil plugin and an Ethernet connection between the Mach PC and the Galil.  You will also want to get the Galil manuals for the DMC-21x3 controller as a working knowledge of the Galil is pretty much required.  Read them and learn them.  You can also get software from Galil to operate the controller through a terminal interface.

Typically, one would use the Galil software to setup and tune the motors BEFORE you even start trying to configure Mach.

Steve

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 04:26:05 AM »
Thanks Steve! I tryed to connect all electronics to DMC Smart Terminal,but in was failed(.Because i haven't got good manual for this programm.If you know how to do it,write me please.For me it's not important to connect this electronics only to mach3, i only want to see how motors will be moving!

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 12:19:45 PM »
http://www.galilmc.com/products/dmc-21x3.php

That link has all you need.  Manuals (English only, I'm afraid), Software (Galil Suite-lite), and ICM options.

Steve