Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:46:22 PM

Author Topic: Newbie with TB6560 1st time testing problems  (Read 23880 times)

Re: Newbie with TB6560 1st time testing problems
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 12:26:12 PM »
Hi Tweakie
I had thought of doing that, however the actual wiring colours get repeated, for instance there are 4 white wires, 5 orange ones.
It put paid to that idea fast
Gary

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 12:47:03 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 07:13:57 AM »
One of the problems is the info on the board pinouts is all over the place, wrong, different depending on where you find info, etc. We spent so much time trying to help a young lad get his working.We got one axis to work and then the lad went home and spent hours finding the right combinations, and finaly had it working.
Never......... ever again!

RICH

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013, 02:54:43 PM »
Hi Tweaki and Jim
Eureka moment!!!!!!!!
The dumb fangled thing works.
Even the experts can get it wrong! I took it at face value, that the cable that was made up for me would be wired correctly.
Today I thought, check the cable- since getting it I had a niggling feeling at the back of me brain.
The techie doing the job wired pins 1 ~ 9 correctly, but 14 ~ 25 a#$% about face. He wired 14 to 25, 15,to 24, 16 to 22.
That was a lesson learnt.
OK so now it operates, so back to bugging you guys on setting up. Dont worry I still got a little work still to do to do the final finishes, so theres a reprieve for the moment.
Tweakie once again thanks . Jim I'm sorry to say it's back to NCIS for your daily dose of excitement.
Many thanks
G
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 03:48:56 PM »
Thank God for that, half an hour before series 10 episode 11 is to be viewed on British TV for the first time. Keep us posted on your progression and don't hesitate to ask (about your machine set up not what happened in NCIS). Jim

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 02:32:42 AM »
Excellent news Gary.  8)

Problems are so often caused by the most basic things which we (myself included) overlook or take for granted.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 04:44:56 AM »
Hi
Having changed the //port cable, the driver board works and the motors run on all its axis ( 1st test).
The motors were then mounted to the table, all  the wiring to the motors rechecked and OK.
I have the 4th board axis slaved to run the 2nd X axis motor( Mach3 config>slave), both of the X - motors still run independently of each other when one jogs.
Does one have to set them to the same pin in motor outputs? 
Regards
Gary
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »
H Gary glad to hear your nearly there. Not sure what your 4 axis is trying to do, mine is for a rotary table so has its own settings and output pins. I can unplug it and take it off the table. What are you trying to do with yours. Jim
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2013, 10:27:44 AM »
Hi Jim
The 4th axis is driving the other half of my x axis. My table has a rack and pinoin/ motor on each side of the gantry.

What I would like to know is whether in slaving the 2 axis, there are any other settings that need to be done.
Under confi>slave, I have slaved the A axis to the X axis, but when jogging the motors they still work independently of each other. Besides slaving the A and X axis does one have to set their outputs as the same? (config>ports and pins>outputs)
Regards
Gary
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2013, 10:49:03 AM »
Hi Tweakie
Having got past the cable issue and have some movement on the motors, I would like to move onto motor tuning. I have done the calculations but dont know whether I am right or not.
When it comes to section 5.5.1.2 Calculating motor steps per revolution in the M3 manual, I get a bit stumped. I have attached the dip settings of the driver board. I am not sure of what settings to use when it comes to decay mode and microstep settings. It's manual says it's a 1 -1/16 microstep. I am unsure of which setting to use for microstepping and what effect it would have in conjuction with 5.5.1.2 Calculating motor steps per revolution/5.5.1.3 Calculating Mach3 steps per motor revolution.
Would you kindly shed some light on the subject.
Regards
Gary
(Have attached whole document, was unable to separate out the dip switch table)