Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:35:07 AM

Author Topic: Newbie with TB6560 1st time testing problems  (Read 23786 times)

Newbie with TB6560 1st time testing problems
« on: March 24, 2013, 07:39:19 AM »
Hi
Earlier I connected the PC, driver board and motors for the 1st time. Mach 3 I had configured the ports and pins previously. The supplier of the board, supplied a file for changing the XML, I chose to manually do the settings as set out in their documentation.
At this stage I get no movement, not even a hum from the motors.
When looking at the driver board with the parallel and serial connectors on the right hand side, I see 3 leds light up and that is it.
I am hoping some one has experience with these boards and can help in getting the system up and running.
 ::)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie with TB6560 1st time testing problems
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 08:58:15 AM »
Hi Gary,

Many, before you, have had unresolved problems with the TB66560 boards and this is perhaps not the best board for you to be starting out with, however...

Perhaps you could try the supplied .xml file and see if this works (you can always go back to your own manually entered settings).

Do the motors lock when power is applied ??

Does your PC have the 5 Volt TTL standard for it's LPT parallel port or is it the 3.3 Volt TTL standard ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 09:22:51 AM »
Hi Tweakie
From what I have read sofar, the board is not great, but have to settle with what I got for now.
I will try the supplied xml file shortly (machine situated in garage - away from this PC)

What is meant do the motors lock when power supplied?

How do I check the LPT port voltage?
Regards
Gary

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 12:03:07 PM »
Hi Gary,

When the CNC machine is disconnected from power the motors can easily be rotated by hand. When the CNC machine is powered up the motors should lock and cannot easily be rotated by hand.

After a fresh start and without Mach3 running - using a multimeter measure between pin25 and each of the other pins, in turn, on your PC’s parallel port until you find one that has a voltage present. Ideally the voltage you should find will be approx 5 Volts. If  you are unable to find a voltage then start Mach3 and try again.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 04:20:05 PM »
Hi Tweakie
With M3 the board powered up, the motors are not locked.
I will check the votlages tomorrow and report back.
Gary

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 04:03:54 AM »
Hi Gary,

Sorry, I did not make it clear in my earlier posts – when I referred to “motors locking” I should have said “stepper motors locking” - the axes driving motors (my bad).

Still it is good news that the M3 command operates the spindle motor.

One more question – what colour is your TB6560 controller board ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 05:35:12 AM »
Hi Tweakie
I took it that you meant the stepper mtrs.
From your comments, that is a good thing that they are not locked when power supplied to them.
The TB6560AHQ board is blue. Its a 4 axis board.
In Mach3 I have the 2nd X axis (A) slaved to X.
Gary
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 06:31:07 AM »
Hi Saw this on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7m7YkIXrvo
I know its for a 3  axis board but it doesn't help if the instructions that came with it were wrong. Good Luck. Jim

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 07:23:32 AM »
Hi Gary,

The stepper motors should lock when power is applied with Mach3 running and the CNC connected to the PC.

What I have here for the step / direction (blue board) Mach3 configuration is as follows;

Xaxis  Step16  Dir1
Yaxis  Step14  Dir7
Zaxis  Step3   Dir6
Aaxis  Step9  Dir8

Enable1  Pin4
Enable2  Pin17
Enable3  Pin5
Enable4  Pin5

Output#1 Pin2

Does this match up with the instruction you have been supplied ??

Tweakie.

(As Jim has pointed out there are so many variants of pin connections with these boards and the suppliers instructions are often incorrect so they can be difficult to get going).
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 03:07:43 AM »
Hi Jim and Tweakie
With basic electrics (household, automotive and boats), I can normally get by, but when it comes to electronics my, my understanding is virtually zero.
From what I have researched, there are plenty of short comings with the TB6560 boards available. Some guys have re-engineered their boards to get them working.
Due to the lack of variety of what is locally available, I purchased one together with motors and a power supply. For now I am stuck with it, till a better solution can be found and therefore apologize for the headaches caused in helping to get this board up and running.

The DB25 parallel cable, that was supplied with the board got damaged (left it lying about while busy and 1 bored Labrador had a go at trying to digest it). A company that makes cables, supplied me with another. This they say is a straight through cable (wired pin 1 to 1, pin 2 to 2, etc).
(unable to do a pin to pin check as the cable is chewed through in the middle)
This therefore could be the start of my problems.

Question 1: can you verify or supply me with the correct the male to female pin configurations for the cable?